Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York in November

• 06-02-2019 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

We are looking to go to New York in November with the Kids age 10 & 12.

And have some questions. I looked at flights and they are €400 each with United direct from Dublin including bags and seat booking. I don't want a multi-leg trip with 2 kids and want to clear customs in Dublin.

I also looked at booking through Expedia and it was €2850 for the Novotel in Time Square same united flights and bags. But where else would be a decent hotel to book for a family of 4? and has anyone any recommendations either online or a travel agent to compare ?

Also as its 9 months until actually leaving should are there saving if I wait before booking ?

Thanks

Los

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hi myself and my wife booked ours today we are going in November also from 20th to 25th we booked double tree Hilton hotel it was on special but worked out at 550 for 4 nights and got our flights with aerlingus 1100 for direct flights from Dublin with 2 23kg cases.

We have been keeping a track of prices for a while and they really don't vary that much unless you get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LosPrimos

Was that 550 per person as I hadn't seen anything that low and which site did you use to book.

Thanks Los

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If flying with United understand you will be flying to Newark, New Jersey. If you can fly ON Thanksgiving, prices may be cheaper and airports not as crazy.

I got flights with Aer Lingus via their website for E350 last November but that's no indication that you will get such a price this year.

Also stayed in an AirBnB in Jersey City which had great links to Manhattan but much much cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

LosPrimos wrote: »
    We are looking to go to New York in November with the Kids age 10 & 12.

And have some questions. I looked at flights and they are €400 each with United direct from Dublin including bags and seat booking. I don't want a multi-leg trip with 2 kids and want to clear customs in Dublin.

I also looked at booking through Expedia and it was €2850 for the Novotel in Time Square same united flights and bags. But where else would be a decent hotel to book for a family of 4? and has anyone any recommendations either online or a travel agent to compare ?

Also as its 9 months until actually leaving should are there saving if I wait before booking ?

Thanks

Los

Just wondering have you checked out Cassidy travel i booked with these last year for my trip and honestly i couldnt believe the deal i got. Now it may be more expesnive i dont know but worth a check on their site or phone them. Also can pay a depsoit which is 50pps and pay off up until 2 months before departure.

I checked my hol after for flights and acc seperately and the flights were coming in at the price i got my whole holiday for.

Might be worth checking

revoke12 wrote: »
    Just wondering have you checked out Cassidy travel i booked with these last year for my trip and honestly i couldnt believe the deal i got. Now it may be more expesnive i dont know but worth a check on their site or phone them. Also can pay a depsoit which is 50pps and pay off up until 2 months before departure.

I checked my hol after for flights and acc seperately and the flights were coming in at the price i got my whole holiday for.

Might be worth checking

Just to note if flying with United it will be to Newark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just to note if flying with United it will be to Newark.

Also to note not to let this put you off! I've flown to Newark and JFK and Newark is nearly quicker getting into Manhattan, in my experience.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also to note not to let this put you off! I've flown to Newark and JFK and Newark is nearly quicker getting into Manhattan, in my experience.
    Totally agree. Some travel agents call it New Ark and I've seen travellers scratching their heads at the gate...

I personally prefer EWR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

depending on when your getting in if going to Newark an Uber can be in and around the same price as the train in to Manhattan. Just be wary of the restaurants & bars in the United terminal though when coming back

Advertisement