Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

kilsmum wrote: »
    Same here with the S10+. Nothing in the delivery package either

kilsmum

I received an email to say a trade in pack will be sent out & it wasn't sent out with the phone to give people time to transfer all data from the trade phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Anyone else not have the 'Benefits' tab in the Samsung Members App?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

PATJOE wrote: »
    Anyone else not have the 'Benefits' tab in the Samsung Members App?

Yeah, no sign of it at all yet.

You can just use the website instead but it's "down for maintenance" right now.
    https://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxys-preorder/

It also says "Claim your cashback" now so buds are all gone? I know U.S get $130 voucher but no idea how much we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

I just got a shipping notice for mine from eglobal,where they are shipping from it is 9th of March already,thats one way to speed up the journey.

Which one did you order? Snapdragon or Exynos? Snapdragon seems like much better this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭kilsmum

I got as far as uploading the proof of purchase of the phone on the Samsung Ireland site and then got the message saying the site was down for maintenance.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's the best too do

Charge fully before inserting sim and setting up or do it the same time as charging ???

Is there samsung switch so u can switch exactly everything over from ur old phone too this ?

YouTube Premium are also giving a 4 month free trial to S10 owners. Just went to Paid memberships in the app and it was there for me. Cancelled auto renewal straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

The claim site is working perfectly now for anyone yet to claim their.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

dan786 wrote: »
    The claim site is working perfectly now for anyone yet to claim their.

Wont go past personal details for me

jap gt wrote: »
    Wont go past personal details for me

Well it took under 2 mins to complete the 6 steps. The site is working perfectly with load time of 1-2 seconds.

I claimed mine this morning before it crashed and just claimed 2 more few mins ago.

• Advertisement

Well it took under 2 mins to complete the 6 steps. The site is working perfectly with load time of 1-2 seconds.

I claimed mine this morning before it crashed and just claimed 2 more few mins ago.

Keep getting this screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭chrisire

Keep getting this screen

Same for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Keep getting this screen

Keep trying, page back and re-enter your details. Crashed for me about 10 times, got it eventually.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Keep trying, page back and re-enter your details. Crashed for me about 10 times, got it eventually.

Cheers,got it after a good few attempts :)

Currently charging phone

Do I insert the Sim card before I use the samsung switch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Currently charging phone

I didn't and it worked. Call log didn't transfer though so it might need the SIM for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Currently charging phone

You don't need to but its better to have it in the new phone once you have backed up WhatsApp first.

Find the phone a bit weird to hold and gets warm easy

Prob cause I have no cover on it

Did anyone get an email to confirm claim for buds, not sure if it worked

jap gt wrote:

I got a claim number. No email confirmation yet.

• Advertisement

For some reason my WhatsApp chats didn't copy over to my new S10+ properly.
    I seem to be missing messages between December and yesterday.

Any ideas on how to sort it? I can see the messages when l put my sim back into my old phone.

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

For some reason my WhatsApp chats didn't copy over to my new S10+ properly.
    I seem to be missing messages between December and yesterday.

Any ideas on how to sort it? I can see the messages when l put my sim back into my old phone.

Kilsmum

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/28000019/

"Backing up to Google Drive
    You can back up your chats and media to Google Drive, so if you change Android phones or get a new one, your chats and media are transferrable. We recommend connecting your phone to Wi-Fi prior to backing up your chats via Google Drive, as backup files can vary in size and consume mobile data, causing additional charges. Learn more about Google Drive backup:"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

So those who traded in with Samsung. Any ideas how to return the old phone?

Thanks Kesey. Backed up the old phone. Did what you posted already. I'm still missing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Thanks Kesey. Backed up the old phone. Did what you posted already. I'm still missing stuff.

I'm not doubting you, but did you follow these instructions:

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/28000019/#create

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/28000019/#restore

note about unistalling and re-installing Whatsapp

Make sure the same Google account that was used to perform the backup has been added to your phone.
    Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
    After verifying your phone number, you'll be prompted to restore your chats and media from Google Drive. Tap RESTORE.
    After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT and your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
    After restoring your chats, WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files.

I did all that. Still no joy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Did you back up the phone in the settings or did you manually back up the WhatsApps from inside the app itself?

Did you back up the phone in the settings or did you manually back up the WhatsApps from inside the app itself?

I did both. I have an automatic backup set up on my phone anyway. I backed up the WhatsApp to Google drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

Has anyone notice there are a few flaws on the phone?

1 - it took literally 10 second to switch on/off the location on quick setting panel.

2 - youtube app is always brighter than the brightness set previously. Brightness needs to adjust manually on youtube app.
    Solution found - turn off video enhancer in advance setting

3 - tap to show the Always On Display content has 2 second of delay.

4 - the dual aperture mechanism on camera sounds VERY loud when adjusting aperture.

anyone encounter any problem at all or it is just me?

• Advertisement

DylanK wrote: »
    Has anyone notice there are a few flaws on the phone?

1 - it took literally 10 second to switch on/off the location on quick setting panel.

2 - youtube app is always brighter than the brightness set previously. Brightness needs to adjust manually on youtube app.
    Solution found - turn off video enhancer in advance setting

3 - tap to show the Always On Display content has 2 second of delay.

4 - the dual aperture mechanism on camera sounds VERY loud when adjusting aperture.

anyone encounter any problem at all or it is just me?

1. Switches straight away for me.

3. Maybe half a second before it comes on.

4.Can only barely hear the camera.

I'm using the s10,might be worth dong a factory reset.

Pre-applied screen protector marked in middle already from earphones in pocket with phone. Might end up trying white stone dome after all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

I got an email today saying they are reviewing my claim and they'll get back to me in under seven days time. I had filled out the form yesterday evening via the website and not through the Samsung Members App.

Claim can be tracked here, just need the claim ID and email address:

https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/pages/galaxybuds/track-my-claim

By the way, I received an email and a text from Samsung as confirmation for the claim.

Anyone else's feel a bit warm too hold ??

Prism green S10

I received a text this morning to say my claim had been recieved. Just checked on the track link and its validated already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭argentum

Just a couple of observations after 24 hrs with an S10.
    The screen is a bit cartoony but still messing about with it to get the right setting.It doesn't seem as sharp as my S8
    I really miss the LED notification light.I didn't realise that it would be gone even though the screen has moved up.It was also very handy to notify me when it was charging and fully charged.
    The battery life is incredible compared to my S8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Claim can be tracked here, just need the claim ID and email address:

https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/pages/galaxybuds/track-my-claim

By the way, I received an email and a text from Samsung as confirmation for the claim.

Haven't gotten an email or text. Does it take a while?

Cina wrote: »
    Haven't gotten an email or text. Does it take a while?

About 14-15 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Is anyone putting on a different screen protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

Any one go through cpw to pre order and hear from them.

Pre ordered in Swords branch for an s10 with Vodafone.

Friday came and no word so tried calling but their phone went straight to voicemail that the system says was full.

Website has a big banner saying to wait for you shop to call you.

I m assuming right now they have to wait on stock from the providers but just wonder what others have heard?

Away at the moment so cant make the shop till next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

It's worrying that Vodafone are showing no stock of any S10 model on their website the minute the pre-order offer finished.

With all the problems reported about their pre-ordering system (myself included), I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a delay with the orders made at their stores as well. Hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Treviso wrote: »
    It's worrying that Vodafone are showing no stock of any S10 model on their website the minute the pre-order offer finished.

With all the problems reported about their pre-ordering system (myself included), I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a delay with the orders made at their stores as well. Hope I'm wrong

I had tried using their online system to upgrade but couldnt complete the process.
    Dropped into the store in Tallaght during the week and placed pre order there.
    Called into the store yesterday at lunch time and they hadn't received any delivery of stock.
    Called in again @ 6pm and they said they weren't getting any stock in, would be mid to late next week at the earliest - claimed they had got notification from Samsung that there were shortages.

Went around to Carphone warehouse and enquired had they any S10+ available, they initially said yes but when I said it was a vodafone upgrade they said they had none for Vodafone.

Received a call from the original Vodafone store 30 minutes later that they had finally received stock and phoe was available for collection - make of that what you will.

As always with vodafone, great network but customer service has gone diabolical and left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing(its gone downhill rapidly since the upgrade of their systems in the last year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Has anyone noticed that the 1st camera on the back of the s10+ does nothing?

Was playing around with the cameras and I covered the 1st one with my finger and scrolled through the wide-angle, normal and telescopic one, and none of them were obscured by my finger...

This is the camera I am talking about.

IYqPgZm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

allen175 wrote: »

Was playing around with the cameras and I covered the 1st one with my finger and scrolled through the wide-angle, normal and telescopic one, and none of them were obscured by my finger...

IYqPgZm.jpg

Tried this and my finger blocked it.

Edit: retried and its the same. The finger doesn't block it. I tried all modes and video too. What's going on there?

allen175 wrote: »

IYqPgZm.jpg

Mine is the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is the telephoto not only for when you zoom in a certain distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is the telephoto not only for when you zoom in a certain distance?

Tried that. Went full x10 zoom. Tried pro mode too. Very confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Reati wrote: »
    Tried that. Went full x10 zoom. Tried pro mode too. Very confused.

That is strange. Unless the camera knows it's been blocked and is defaulting to the other lens?

TitianGerm wrote:
    That is strange. Unless the camera knows it's been blocked and is defaulting to the other lens?

Just tried blocking the other 2 lenses and switching to telezoom. At first it showed my finger blocking it but waving the phone around a little got it to switch to the third lens. The mystery lens :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Think I saw this mentioned somewhere else. It only does 30fps but if camera settings are set to 60fps it cant activate that lense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement