Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Keith186 wrote: »
    Think I saw this mentioned somewhere else. It only does 30fps but if camera settings are set to 60fps it cant activate that lense.

I don't understand that. Are you saying that's a video only lens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Reati wrote: »
    I don't understand that. Are you saying that's a video only lens?

I just read the lense doesn't work for 60 fps but then you would expect it to effect video only, not photos, so not sure what's going on with your phones. Don't have the phone myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That is strange. Unless the camera knows it's been blocked and is defaulting to the other lens?

You are correct, I was messing around some more. if you zoom in it will use the telephoto camera, but if it gets blocked it will switch to the normal camera straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

allen175 wrote: »
    You are correct, I was messing around some more. if you zoom in it will use the telephoto camera, but if it gets blocked it will switch to the normal camera straight away.

Haha that was some guess :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Claim tracker:

Your claim has been successful and we shall be dispatching your free Galaxy Buds to the delivery address you gave on your claim within the 30 days from the date your claim was validated. Please check your emails for more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭kilsmum

dan786 wrote:
    Claim tracker:

dan786 wrote:
    Your claim has been successful and we shall be dispatching your free Galaxy Buds to the delivery address you gave on your claim within the 30 days from the date your claim was validated. Please check your emails for more information.

When did you get the text and mail confirming your claim was received?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The buds aren't actually released at all yet are they? Eglobal are showing as stock instead of preorder but Samsung don't even look to have stock at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

kilsmum wrote: »
    When did you get the text and mail confirming your claim was received?

Yesterday noon.

dan786 wrote:
    Yesterday noon.

I got mine at 10.30 this morning. It could be tomorrow so before l get confirmation so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No benefits tab on my members app so I can't claim. annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No benefits tab on my members app so I can't claim. annoying.

Galaxy buds preorder reward thread here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

phone insured (€99 for 12 months through Dircet.ie) and waiting on Three too send me on a Proof Of Purchase reciept (was onto them twice yesterday and said it would be send without 8 hours and still didnt arrive) too order my buds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Very happy with the battery life on my S10+. Charged it Friday night, spent a lot of time playing with it Saturday and some more today and I'm putting it on charge now at 9%.

Applied for buds Sat morning and got the text today to say I'll have them within 30 days this morning.

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Very happy with the battery life on my S10+. Charged it Friday night, spent a lot of time playing with it Saturday and some more today and I'm putting it on charge now at 9%.

Applied for buds Sat morning and got the text today to say I'll have them within 30 days this morning.

Don't find the battery life that great on s10 bute possibly have wrong settings etc. I'll have a research tomorrow and see why.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I just wanted to say that I hate you all very much...that is until I can get my own S10+.

-Signed, an S8 owner.

• Advertisement

For those of us that bought directly from Samsung Ireland did anyone get paperwork in their delivery about sending back their trade in phone?

I only got a receipt in case l needed to return the new phone. Nothing else.

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

For those of us that bought directly from Samsung Ireland did anyone get paperwork in their delivery about sending back their trade in phone?

Kilsmum

Nope, nothing. I sent a message to Exertis using my order page, no response yet.

The whole thing seems pretty shoddily handled.

Cina wrote:
    Nope, nothing. I sent a message to Exertis using my order page, no response yet.

Cina wrote:

Agreed. I'll ring them later and let you know how l get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

So I contacted Exertis about when I expect to receive my phone and they told me March 28th!! I said that can't be true so challenged them on it and they said they are hopeful of stock arriving this week but have to say end of March to cover themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I preordered the s10 and at the time was told it would arrive on Friday, they called me on Friday to say they had run out of stock and it might be a few weeks before I get my phone.....thats Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

VF Blanch getting them in tomorrow in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Kilsmum
    Cina wrote: »

Someone already replied on this thread. They didn't send out the trade in pack with the phones as to allow people a chance to transfer their data to the new phone and set it up.

There is also a cooling off period that allows for the new phone to be returned if you change your mind. Up to 28 days according to the form included. I'd say they will wait for that to expire before looking for the old trade in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I just came into this thread to see if it's worth upgrading from an S8? Camera is the most important feature for me, by all accounts the s10 camera is fúcking amazing. Anyone upgrade from an s8 and is there much difference?

I heard you don't even need nova launcher, stock is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone upgrade from an s8 and is there much difference?

Upgraded from S8+, definitely notice a huge different, in terms of colour, details captured etc low light pic has a huge improvement too.

the stock launcher is much more customisable on One UI but not as much as Nova Launcher but Nova Launcher's customisation is on another level. Had Nova launcher on my S8+ as well but didnt bother install Nova Launcher on the S10+ that's how good the stock launcher is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

My pre-order is awaiting them getting new stock in. Voda. That's a pita :(

PTH2009 wrote: »
    phone insured (€99 for 12 months through Dircet.ie)

Hi which insurance company do you insure your phone with? couldnt find any information about Dircet.ie

Have had the worst experience with GadgetInsurance before so would not insure with them again. BlueInsurance also use the same third party (DirectGroup.co.uk) to handle insurer's claims so definitely wouldnt go for BlueInsurance.

Any other recommendation? Bought the phone simfree so couldnt use network provider insurance :(:(

DylanK wrote: »
    Upgraded from S8+, definitely notice a huge different, in terms of colour, details captured etc low light pic has a huge improvement too.

the stock launcher is much more customisable on One UI but not as much as Nova Launcher but Nova Launcher's customisation is on another level. Had Nova launcher on my S8+ as well but didnt bother install Nova Launcher on the S10+ that's how good the stock launcher is.
    Cool, you've twisted my arm. I'm due an upgrade in 3 weeks, the S8 on adverts should easily fund whatever Three are looking for. I'll miss out on the buds, but probably would have sold them anyway.

Got an email from the Samsung Trade In Program this afternoon.

They will send a prepaid envelope to return the phone to Samsung. The phone has to be network unlocked.

I should get the envelope in 3 to 5 days.

Kilsmum

Hi which insurance company do you insure your phone with? couldnt find any information about Dircet.ie

Have had the worst experience with GadgetInsurance before so would not insure with them again. BlueInsurance also use the same third party (DirectGroup.co.uk) to handle insurer's claims so definitely wouldnt go for BlueInsurance.

Any other recommendation? Bought the phone simfree so couldnt use network provider insurance :(:(

https://www.mobilephoneinsurancedirect.ie/quote/

Three still haven't send me on the proof of purchase document. Will be into them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

What would the trade in value of an S8 with a crack (albeit small) on it be from Samsung? I'd hardly expect the full 300 but if I got minimum 200 that would be tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

phone insured (€99 for 12 months through Dircet.ie)

Also looking to insure mine. Just my luck that Ulster Bank stopped the free phone insurance perk the week before I got this phone, never had one worth insuring before!

The phone has to be network unlocked.

This always makes me laugh. They made the f'in phone. They have the unlock code. I know its easier for them if its pre unlocked but that shouldn't be a blocker to trading in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Cienciano wrote: »
    I just came into this thread to see if it's worth upgrading from an S8? Camera is the most important feature for me, by all accounts the s10 camera is fúcking amazing. Anyone upgrade from an s8 and is there much difference?

I went from an S8+ to an S10+, happy with the upgrade - but not ecstatic. The thing that really made it worthwhile for me was the dual sim.

The camera on the S8 is still pretty good, I’d hang on until the price drops; I bought because I was due an upgrade from VF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

rizzee wrote: »
    What would the trade in value of an S8 with a crack (albeit small) on it be from Samsung? I'd hardly expect the full 300 but if I got minimum 200 that would be tempting.
    If I remember rightly, they won't accept any damage only general wear and tear.
    Reati wrote: »
    This always makes me laugh. They made the f'in phone. They have the unlock code. I know its easier for them if its pre unlocked but that shouldn't be a blocker to trading in.

They didn't make the iPhone 6 I'll be sending them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Huh, just noticed whilst taking a photo of a document it came up with the option to Scan on screen so I clicked it. It auto cropped onto the text selection, very handy.

Not sure if it's a brand new feature but never had it on S7.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I went from an S8+ to an S10+, happy with the upgrade - but not ecstatic. The thing that really made it worthwhile for me was the dual sim.

The camera on the S8 is still pretty good, I’d hang on until the price drops; I bought because I was due an upgrade from VF.

Yeah, I think now the generations are close enough that every 3rd is fine. I went from an s7 to an s8 and the s7 was great. Only did it cos of an upgrade and second hand price of the s8 made it worthwhile. If I was intelligent I'd upgrade and sell the S10, but unfortunately I'm not. When I get a nice shiny box and I know a fancy new phone is in it, I have to use it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Would the 10e be worth buying?
    Have an upgrade in a month and not overly pushed about the more expensive one .
    May even keep what I have and go SIM only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Got an email from the Samsung Trade In Program this afternoon.

They will send a prepaid envelope to return the phone to Samsung. The phone has to be network unlocked.

I should get the envelope in 3 to 5 days.

Kilsmum

I got this also but I bought outright without a trade, weird.

Three really taking the piss

Was into them again today about sending on a proof of purchase document and they said they send it on and it's my email domain is the problem. So I gave them another address and still hasn't arrived

Would a screenshot of the original confirmation email of the phone purchase do ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Three really taking the piss

Was into them again today about sending on a proof of purchase document and they said they send it on and it's my email domain is the problem. So I gave them another address and still hasn't arrived

Would a screenshot of the original confirmation email of the phone purchase do ??

If it’s for claiming the earphones then yes it will. Samsung have listed documents that are acceptable and the confirmation email is one of them.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    If it’s for claiming the earphones then yes it will. Samsung have listed documents that are acceptable and the confirmation email is one of them.

Sent it off although the confirmation email for the phone is not the same as the three one listed on the suggestions but it has pre order date/product info and number and name of three store

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

Got my phone yesterday. It is amazing, and I am blown away with the quality of the stereo speakers. Audio levels are very loud. Haven't tested much else as of now.

I have been inquiring about phone insurance. I have had no luck yet. So far I have tried Gadget Insurance and awaiting a response from Protect Your Bubble. GI will only insure up to a maximum of €1,200. Bear in mind that I have the 1TB model. I've been researching others but from looking at other threads here and reviews from TrustPilot they can be a nightmare to deal with. Also looking through their Policy Documents.

alanzo27 wrote: »
    So far I have tried Gadget Insurance and awaiting a response from Protect Your Bubble.

Gadget Insurance, Blue Insurance and some other insurance company use a third party company called Direct Group Ltd to handle their claims. Direct Group Ltd is, basically, THE WORST OF WORST.

Here's the story, on the second week of me having my new phone, my new phone got snatched, I then filed a claim of theft but after they reviewed my claim, they accused me for making fraudulent loss claim...... (less 1000 words of how I appealed and fought with them). Eventually got a SECOND letter from the Garda stating CCTV footage can be proved that my phone was snatched by a scum on a bike on O'Connell Street.

After nearly 2 weeks they reluctantly accept my appeal, but they didnt have the phone in stock because at the time the phone (S8+) only launched for a month. So they offered me a REFURBISHED previous year model which is the S7, which I think it was the reason why they rejected my claim in first place because it was a newly launched top end phone.

........... (less 3000 words of my rant)

Eventually got a new S8+ from them after nearly 6 weeks with the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman involved! Not to mention hours and hours of calls to their claim department and 0818 wasn't free call.

So now whenever I see insurance company uses Direct Group Ltd to handle their claims = NO!!!

For your reference here is the review of Direct Group Ltd :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

Gadget Insurance, Blue Insurance and some other insurance company use a third party company called Direct Group Ltd to handle their claims. Direct Group Ltd is, basically, THE WORST OF WORST.

Here's the story, on the second week of me having my new phone, my new phone got snatched, I then filed a claim of theft but after they reviewed my claim, they accused me for making fraudulent loss claim...... (less 1000 words of how I appealed and fought with them). Eventually got a SECOND letter from the Garda stating CCTV footage can be proved that my phone was snatched by a scum on a bike on O'Connell Street.

After nearly 2 weeks they reluctantly accept my appeal, but they didnt have the phone in stock because at the time the phone (S8+) only launched for a month. So they offered me a REFURBISHED previous year model which is the S7, which I think it was the reason why they rejected my claim in first place because it was a newly launched top end phone.

........... (less 3000 words of my rant)

Eventually got a new S8+ from them after nearly 6 weeks with the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman involved! Not to mention hours and hours of calls to their claim department and 0818 wasn't free call.

So now whenever I see insurance company uses Direct Group Ltd to handle their claims = NO!!!

For your reference here is the review of Direct Group Ltd :mad:

Thanks for your input. I may just avoid insurance altogether. I've never insured with past devices. I'm very OCD with my devices though so I never saw the need for it. Just considered it for this one due to the price.

Something unusual with my phone

If in listening too spotify and the music will go off when the screen turns off and then come on again when I open up the phone again

Any fix ?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

This phone looks/sounds fantastic. Would love to upgrade from my S7, but just can't justify the money at the moment!

ANy rough ideas on if/when the price may perhaps fall?

Or what are the best Bill Pay options available at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone recommend a screen protector and case available in bricks and mortar shops in Dublin? For the S10 not plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭argentum

Anyone recommend a screen protector and case available in bricks and mortar shops in Dublin? For the S10 not plus.

Screen protector came on the phone and bought an otterbox for €35 in a three shop on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Inquitus wrote: »
    My pre-order is awaiting them getting new stock in. Voda. That's a pita :(

Despite them telling me this yesterday, it arrived today, and I put in my app for the free ear buds.

Just an FYI to anyone who might be interested, mine shipped by Voda came unlocked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement