Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Anyone know how I can have data on while on a call. Always worked on s8+ with Vodafone but since swapping to Eir and s10+ its stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Inquitus wrote: »
    Despite them telling me this yesterday, it arrived today, and I put in my app for the free ear buds.

Just an FYI to anyone who might be interested, mine shipped by Voda came unlocked.

That's good news.

How did you manage to apply for the ear buds? My phone arrived today too(eir). On instructions it says to select the ear bud offer under news and tips section in Samsung members app. Either it's not there or I'm not recognising it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Cb12345 wrote: »
    That's good news.

How did you manage to apply for the ear buds? My phone arrived today too(eir). On instructions it says to select the ear bud offer under news and tips section in Samsung members app. Either it's not there or I'm not recognising it.

See about 2(page 45) pages back, there's direct links to the claim page there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

bazzz wrote: »
    See about 2(page 45) pages back, there's direct links to the claim page there.

Thanks for that.

https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/claims/galaxybuds/get-started

I haven't copied and pasted links before so hopefully the above works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Playback-Stops-in-Lock-Screen-Galaxy-S10/td-p/4702231

anyone else have this issue ??? have it and its bloody annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

alanzo27 wrote: »
    Got my phone yesterday. It is amazing, and I am blown away with the quality of the stereo speakers. Audio levels are very loud. Haven't tested much else as of now.

I have been inquiring about phone insurance. I have had no luck yet. So far I have tried Gadget Insurance and awaiting a response from Protect Your Bubble. GI will only insure up to a maximum of €1,200. Bear in mind that I have the 1TB model. I've been researching others but from looking at other threads here and reviews from TrustPilot they can be a nightmare to deal with. Also looking through their Policy Documents.

I'm looking into the Samsungs own insurance. It's listed on the UK site to purchase along with the phone but also says it can be purchased separately up to 30 days after the device.
    I emailed Samsung Ireland (Exertis) about it as it's not mentioned on the Irish site. They said to ring support direct.
    It's £139 sterling for 2 years cover. Doesn't cover loss or theft. It's similar to the Apple Care +.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/care-plus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CptMackey wrote: »
    Would the 10e be worth buying?

Definitely. Looks great. I especially like the swipe down gesture on the fingerprint scanner to pull down the notification bar.

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can have data on while on a call. Always worked on s8+ with Vodafone but since swapping to Eir and s10+ its stopped

Network feature, AFAIK. You need to contact Eir.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Network feature, AFAIK. You need to contact Eir.

Cool thanks, I'll do that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭kilsmum

Just wondering did anyone who traded in a phone with Samsung Ireland get the approval email for the ear buds yet?

I got the claim no. email on Sunday morning and haven't heard anything since.

Kilsmum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

kilsmum wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone who traded in a phone with Samsung Ireland get the approval email for the ear buds yet?

I got the claim no. email on Sunday morning and haven't heard anything since.

Kilsmum
    Nothing here either. I would've thought it'd be quicker too seeing as my invoice shows I ordered direct from Samsung and it can't exactly not be approved instantly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

I got a message last night saying claim recieved and would receive the buds within 30 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Currently on an S8 and have the option of paying €300 on my upgrade to get the S10 Plus. Anyone got the phone? Was planning on keeping the S8 another year before upgrading but is the S10 Plus that much better than the S8? (I am liking the huge battery on it)

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

Duff wrote:
    Currently on an S8 and have the option of paying €300 on my upgrade to get the S10 Plus. Anyone got the phone? Was planning on keeping the S8 another year before upgrading but is the S10 Plus that much better than the S8? (I am liking the huge battery on it)

I'm in the same scenario except I've the S8+ I'm still on contact until July but I think I'll get the s10+ once Samsung are still offering the same trade in value. It seems like a really good jump in pretty much everything. Going forward I'll probably upgrade every second generation

For anyone else with the same problem, I don't know if they did anything their end but I had to:
    Restart phone
    Turn it to flight mode
    Turn off flight mode
    Select manual network search
    Select Eir

Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

So I got the S10 yesterday. I need a case for it now and I was thinking of the Snakehive leather wallet type case for it

https://www.snakehive.co.uk/products/vintage-brown-leather-wallet-samsung-galaxy-s10?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsZ3kBRCnARIsAIuAV_RV4_J6vq4Q-bDXFoawogFp8dNPIe4HXcPwlZU52-ijQt8Ys1lVnxUaAjs_EALw_wcB

just wandering if it offers any level of protection in case of a drop, anybody else have or had one of these cases before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am using S9 plus and wondering if it's worth to upgrade to S10 plus?

Also, approximately how much should I be looking at to sell my S9 plus for? No scratches. In spigen case always

I am using S9 plus and wondering if it's worth to upgrade to S10 plus?

Also, approximately how much should I be looking at to sell my S9 plus for? No scratches. In spigen case always

Probably try to sell for €450 or just over. Should get rid of it for €400-450.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Has anyone who bought from DID received any indication when the buds will arrive? I see they have them the same price as Samsung but without an estimated availability date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

jones wrote: »
    I'm in the same scenario except I've the S8+ I'm still on contact until July but I think I'll get the s10+ once Samsung are still offering the same trade in value. It seems like a really good jump in pretty much everything. Going forward I'll probably upgrade every second generation

Trade in guaranteed until March 31st

---
    Purchase from Samsung e-Store Online by 31/3/19 (11.59PM). Selected Trade –in handsets only.
    ---

Thanks.

And is it worth upgrading to s10+?
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Probably try to sell for €450 or just over. Should get rid of it for €400-450.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks.

And is it worth upgrading to s10+?

400 cash there for you if you want it ;)

??
    Apologies, didn't get your message.
    rizzee wrote: »
    400 cash there for you if you want it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Definitely. Looks great. I especially like the swipe down gesture on the fingerprint scanner to pull down the notification bar.

That's one thing on the S9 that's very handy and intuitive to pulldown the notification centre. Wouldn't say no to the fingerprint option on the back as well as the under display option on the S10.

Galaxy-S10-First-Best_Infographic.jpg

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    I just screenshot my confirmation email from 3

Same but it's doesn't state the date in the order itself only on the top which has the date/time the email was received

Don't find the battery on the s10 great overall get about 9/10 hours with overall 3.5 screen time. I have all the apps powered too sleep when there not in use.

Still love the phone though it's so smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Still waiting on my pre-order to be shipped and very tempted to cancel altogether and wait for the Note 10 / Pixel offering.

Ordered a case and not impressed with the power button location. what were they thinking?!

So how are people finding the camera and fingerprint scanner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Still waiting on my pre-order to be shipped and very tempted to cancel altogether and wait for the Note 10 / Pixel offering.

Ordered a case and not impressed with the power button location. what were they thinking?!

So how are people finding the camera and fingerprint scanner?

Camera amazing.
    Fingerprint sensor so so
    Power button stupid place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Reviewers reporting that the side fingerprint sensor on the S10E works faster than the on screen one.
    Also the S10E to me looks to be a very good value option (per say). Only thing is the smaller battery capacity.
    Could be great when the prices drops.

As an aside.
    Have had a Sony in the past with similar and that the side sensor to be an ideal position. I've had phones with front and back sensors to compare too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

biebiebie wrote: »
    As an aside.
    Have had a Sony in the past with similar and that the side sensor to be an ideal position. I've had phones with front and back sensors to compare too.

Side: Best
    Back: Meh
    Front: Dumb

My 2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

1. I find the Camera amazing
    2. Have had no issues with the fingerprint scanner
    3. Power button isn't well placed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

biebiebie wrote: »
    Reviewers reporting that the side fingerprint sensor on the S10E works faster than the on screen one.
    Also the S10E to me looks to be a very good value option (per say). Only thing is the smaller battery capacity.
    Could be great when the prices drops.

I'd love to get the S10E, as I'd prefer the side sensor and non curved glass (i'd like to use a glass protector) but for an extra 100 quid you're getting a better camera and battery among other things, it would be a shame to go for the E model as much as I'd want to :(

Side: Best
    Back: Meh
    Front: Dumb

My 2c

The front sensor is very useful if you put the phone on a desk. S10 - place finger and unlocked.

S9 - pick up the phone, press finger on the back and then put the phone down again.

It might seem a small thing but if you spend a lot of the time at a desk this saves a lot of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

I've had my S10+ a few days now and am completely in love with it. Way better than the iPhone XS Max that it replaced, IMO.
    The screen is amazing and battery life is very good. I recorded the same fingerprint twice and had zero issues or lag when unlocking. As said above, the camera is awesome. And I actually quite like the power button placement and don't understand what others find wrong with it?

Im trying to claim my free galaxy ear buds, the first step is to:

Participants must complete the online claim form in the BENEFITS section of the Samsung Members app pre-installed on their new device. Participants might have to create a Samsung account if not already registered. To complete the online claim, upload proof of purchase or Pre-Order advice notice and provide all other required information

so I have created a Sumsung account and then looked up the Samsung members app on the phone and there is no option/place/facility to do anything here about benefits, anybody else having problems trying to do this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

banjobongo wrote: »
    Im trying to claim my free galaxy ear buds, the first step is to:

Participants must complete the online claim form in the BENEFITS section of the Samsung Members app pre-installed on their new device. Participants might have to create a Samsung account if not already registered. To complete the online claim, upload proof of purchase or Pre-Order advice notice and provide all other required information

so I have created a Sumsung account and then looked up the Samsung members app on the phone and there is no option/place/facility to do anything here about benefits, anybody else having problems trying to do this?!

Use the website instead.

Just did it and took pics of receipts and that.

Theres a thread open on the android forum specifically for the buds application

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057962792/1

https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/claims/galaxybuds/get-started

thanks a mill, I would never have been able to apply for them without your advice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Is anyone going to get the better US Snapdragon/Adreno version to try here? Anyone know of any downsides?

Bloody peeled off the pre installed screen protector and now its after bubbling

What's the best one too buy ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bloody peeled off the pre installed screen protector and now its after bubbling

What's the best one too buy ??

If you're not extra rough with a phone then you haven't needed one on a Samsung since the Galaxy S6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

If you're not extra rough with a phone then you haven't needed one on a Samsung since the Galaxy S6.

On the flip side if you want to go all out the white stone dome protector is expensive but seems to work well with finger print sensor.

Ordered one myself after the trash my s8 screen has become.

Anyone know how to stop the no signal notification? Signal in my wife's parent's house is patchy and everytime the signal drops I get a beep and a vibration to tell me the signal has dropped, very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anyone know how to stop the no signal notification? Signal in my wife's parent's house is patchy and everytime the signal drops I get a beep and a vibration to tell me the signal has dropped, very annoying.

I'd say it's Settings> Notifications> tap see all> next click the three dots in the
    top right-hand corner & click show system apps> Now look for Android System &
    open it> scroll down till you see the three Network options, set those to your liking.

That's what I think you are looking for.

bazzz wrote: »
    I'd say it's Settings> Notifications> tap see all> next click the three dots in the
    top right-hand corner & click show system apps> Now look for Android System &
    open it> scroll down till you see the three Network options, set those to your liking.

That's what I think you are looking for.
    Yep I'd say that's it, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm on 3 network (prepay). Where would be the cheapest to get the S10? Eglobal?

Would I still be entitled to the earbuds?

Edit: just seen the free buds offer ended on 7th march.

Don't see the value in buying at full price minus the free buds so I'll be waiting for the p30 reveal and a price drop in the S10.

I probably should have pre ordered :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Micky 32

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm on 3 network (prepay). Where would be the cheapest to get the S10? Eglobal?

Would I still be entitled to the earbuds?

Edit: just seen the free buds offer ended on 7th march.

Don't see the value in buying at full price minus the free buds so I'll be waiting for the p30 reveal and a price drop in the S10.

I probably should have pre ordered :(:D

I bought a S9+ and a Note 9 off eglobal and no issues. but delivery is usually circa 1 week-3weeks but you can save a few euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Which networks are shipping Dual Sim? Mine from Voda is a SM-G975F/DS, the DS denoting dual SIM, but I know for instance 3 are shipping the single sim version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I bought a S9+ and a Note 9 off eglobal and no issues. but delivery is usually circa 1 week-3weeks but you can save a few euro.

I bought my s10 from eglobal, took about six days to get it .I had a HTC u11 before it but it was stolen (no insurance )So far I regret paying the extra for the s10 ,the fingerprint front and back on the HTC was quicker to react (could that mean it's easier to fool ?). There's a bigger difference in the size of the screen than I thought there would be.
    I think the s10 might be quicker to react though and I haven't had time to explore all the features yet so I hope I will prefer the s10 in time if I get it setup to my preferences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Inquitus wrote:
    Which networks are shipping Dual Sim? Mine from Voda is a SM-G975F/DS, the DS denoting dual SIM, but I know for instance 3 are shipping the single sim version.

Virgin Media here, unlocked dual SIM too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Inquitus wrote: »

Cancelled my preorder and bought in 3 store yesterday. They are all dual SIM.

Going to try still get the earbuds by contacting Samsung and explaining that I pre-ordered from one store but bought from another due to their stupid stock issues

Advertisement