Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I found the battery a bit underwhelming too until I followed the guide on the previous page, now it's amazing. I'm on course to get about 7-8 hours SOT since I made the changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Finally the fingerprint scanner - I've registered/cleared a few times and it's still only picking it up maybe 1 in 5 attemts.
    Have you tried registering the main finger you use (probably the right index) 3 times as 3 different fingers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Ok maybe being a bit too fast to judge the battery, I'll do some more tweaking with that. Good suggestion for the fingerprint sensor Cienciano, that seems to have made a big difference alright.

Photos are still very bad tho - for example
    https://ibb.co/ZX4CMNj - I've HDR set to apply when needed, scene optimiser off and it just looks wrong - cats fur is all smoothed out and there's a weird green tint.

https://ibb.co/ZRjt972 - cropped this as I'm one of those who don't like putting my kids pics up online but you can see what it's doing - again standard lens, settings as above - not a particularly dark room and it looks like it was saved at such a low res (chin under the dummy is all noise). And it's not due to the cropping - the original/full sized is the exact same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

My S10 keeps on hanging and then switching itself off. Am with 3, think there was an update friday night. Very annoying, anyone else getting this?

So brought my phone to the 3 store on Grafton St, guy did a Hard Reset first which seemed to make things worse, then tried a Factory reset and now I can't even get it on at all, it just keeps flashing Samsung and I can't power it off.
    They told me because I ordered online I have to get a return code and package online, I'm on 3 chat and they're telling me to drop it into a shop!
    Absolute nightmare and I'm heading abroad tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

So brought my phone to the 3 store on Grafton St, guy did a Hard Reset first which seemed to make things worse, then tried a Factory reset and now I can't even get it on at all, it just keeps flashing Samsung and I can't power it off.
    They told me because I ordered online I have to get a return code and package online, I'm on 3 chat and they're telling me to drop it into a shop!

Sounds about right, the old back and forth...... Go to the Bricks & Mortar store and they tell you they can't do anything from there. Then you contact them online and they tell you the person in the Store should have taken it in!!!
    Hope you get sorted swiftly.

You need to have your details and return code and ring three (from a friends phone cos yours doesn't work) from inside a 3 shop. When the guy in the call centre tells you to to go to a shop, tell him you're in one. They're not great to deal with when you have a problem.
    Avoid the grafton street store as it's so busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Followed the battery tips from a few pages ago but how do install the Nova Launcher ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭champchamp

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Followed the battery tips from a few pages ago but how do install the Nova Launcher ??

From the play store.

I have no idea what Exertis are playing at with my trade-in. They told me the other day that they received my device yet I woke up to FOUR emails this morning saying that my trade-in pack is being sent out to me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭kilsmum

Cina wrote:
    I have no idea what Exertis are playing at with my trade-in. They told me the other day that they received my device yet I woke up to FOUR emails this morning saying that my trade-in pack is being sent out to me..

I got an email from them last night saying exactly the same thing!!

There must be a bug in the system!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Cina wrote: »

I recieved seven emails from them. Thought it might be about the buds. All the emails read the same apart from the reference number.

If they somehow fúcked up, there might be a lot of earbuds going up on adverts

Well I just got an email saying my trade-in was accepted so I guess it was a bug!

Cienciano wrote: »
    If they somehow fúcked up, there might be a lot of earbuds going up on adverts

Trade-in has nothing to do with the buds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Anybody know if you can get the Snapdragon version of the S10e here? Supposedly the performance/battery life is much better than exynos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Don't know about the 10e, but the 10+ 855 is available from Eglobal Central EU.
    In fact last time I looked the price had dropped somewhat (17% I think) and was the cheapest I'd seen.

Edit. They sell both chipsets, so it's a matter of finding the right model. Include Snapdragon or 855 in your search text on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

In case anyone is interested, there's an app called Hidey Hole (link) that scours Reddit for all the wallpapers created to hide/make use of the hole punch.

It's very good actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The same guy has an app called "Holey Light" that uses the camera ring as a notification light :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Any S10E users out there? How is the battery life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone know how to guarantee getting a UK plug on eglobal? I see no information and there's too many Samsung s10s to choose from there..over a dozen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to guarantee getting a UK plug on eglobal? I see no information and there's too many Samsung s10s to choose from there..over a dozen.

Yeah by using the adapter included with them. They are all likely to be to 2 pin unless you want to take a trip to Hong Kong and find one yourself from their warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Ask them before you order it but it's no big deal if it comes with a 2 pin plug. I've had plenty of phones that came with 2 pin ,I unplug them so little it makes no real difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Reading reviews and a few mention how slippy the phone is. How is everyone finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

Davexirl wrote: »
    Reading reviews and a few mention how slippy the phone is. How is everyone finding it?

Very. Had to be really careful until I got the case on.

Even the pre applied screen protector adds to it. Long pressing the screen has my finger sliding around.

Have a white stone cover to go on today.

dan786 wrote: »

Yeah by using the adapter included with them. They are all likely to be to 2 pin unless you want to take a trip to Hong Kong and find one yourself from their warehouse.

I'll just sell the 2 pin along with my s9 and keep the s9 charger.

Got the S10 ordered. They charged a total of €702

Good idea.

How did you get it for that price? On Eglobal now, 722 for the Exynos S10 and 922 for the Snapdragon! There are so many of them though! Are you guaranteed to avoid customs with Eglobal? Did you use a discount code to get it for 702?

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »

Good idea.

How did you get it for that price? On Eglobal now, 722 for the Exynos S10 and 922 for the Snapdragon! There are so many of them though! Are you guaranteed to avoid customs with Eglobal? Did you use a discount code to get it for 702?

I got the Snapdragon as they supposed to be better. There was some €20 discount automatically applied when checking out. I'm not sure about customs. What am I expected to pay if hit with customs?

The product name is below:

Samsung Galaxy S10 G9730 Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Black

Code: CMOBSAM01016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I bought an S8 from eglobal back in the day and it arrived with a 3 pin plug (international dual sim version).

Also just in case the S10 is the same, the S8 had to make a chargeable call from its designated country (in my case it was Malaysian) so eglobal performed all this prior to sending the phone to me, just in case you see the seals broken on the box.

Also in eglobals T&C's they say they cover import taxes / duty so there should be no issues there, there is a big thread in the photography forum on eglobal with some good/bad experiences but I have never had any issues over the years.

I got the Snapdragon as they supposed to be better. There was some €20 discount automatically applied when checking out. I'm not sure about customs. What am I expected to pay if hit with customs?

Thanks for that Mark. I see it now. Bargain.

I'm not sure on the whole customs issue, or if there are any, on Eglobal. I've heard a few people say they come direct from the EU but then again I can't be sure.

Edit - seems above said no customs

Thanks for that Mark. I see it now. Bargain.

I'm not sure on the whole customs issue, or if there are any, on Eglobal. I've heard a few people say they come direct from the EU but then again I can't be sure.

Edit - seems above said no customs

Th address for eglobal EU on my receipt is Hong Kong.

User above said they cover customs which is a relief. Just to add, I bought a go pro 6 from them last year without any custom issues.

I'm actually getting this after getting the Huawei p30 pro yesterday. I'm returning it as it's too big, it's not dual SIM(three live chat flat out LIED to me saying it's dual SIM) and I think I'm just institutionised into Samsung phones at this stage lol.

All that being said, the zoom feature on the p30 pro is phenomenal. I will really miss that feature.

Well just applied the whitestone dome glass protector annnnnnndddd finger print sensor doesn't work.

Trying to register at the moment and it just wont register anything. It seems to detect my finger is there but wont pick up on a pattern.

Gonna try again in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Try using more pressure while registering the prints, and obviously the increased touch sensitivity needs to be turned on in the settings.

Or better yet, take it off and go back to a naked screen, or try one of the normal film protectors.

Had a Whitestone on mine for over a week before throwing it in the trash. Even with a perfect application, it's far too flaky in comparison to the preinstalled protector (let alone without) and takes away any of the ease of use with the scanner. Don't appreciate having to dig my finger into the screen in order to get a reading.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Try using more pressure while registering the prints, and obviously the increased touch sensitivity needs to be turned on in the settings.

Or better yet, take it off and go back to a naked screen, or try one of the normal film protectors.

Had a Whitestone on mine for over a week before throwing it in the trash. Even with a perfect application, it's far too flaky in comparison to the preinstalled protector (let alone without) and takes away any of the ease of use with the scanner. Don't appreciate having to dig my finger into the screen in order to get a reading.

Yeah if I I see "Press a little harder" one more time I think I ll crack.

Finally got one registered. But back to same ****e trying to register others.
    Unlocking with 1 registered is pointless.

50 euro down the drain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Geimhreadh wrote: »
    Yeah if I I see "Press a little harder" one more time I think I ll crack.

Finally got one registered. But back to same ****e trying to register others.
    Unlocking with 1 registered is pointless.

50 euro down the drain

Surely you can put in a claim for a refund or replacement and try again. Don't just throw your cash away.
    Have you tried everything? Delete the original profile, remove original film protector:eek:(sorry had to ask;) ) etc,etc.

bazzz wrote: »
    Surely you can put in a claim for a refund or replacement and try again. Don't just throw your cash away.
    Have you tried everything? Delete the original profile, remove original film protector:eek:(sorry had to ask;) ) etc,etc.

Oh I have. Contacted whitestone directly to see if I can get a refund/replacement.

Aye original protector is off ha ha.

Followed the process for applying it to the letter and triple checked it after to see it I missed anything.

Gonna try removing it and reapplying it later if I can get it off without braking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Geimhreadh wrote:
    Oh I have. Contacted whitestone directly to see if I can get a refund/replacement.

I think I read on Reddit to send them a message on Facebook. They're a lot faster replying than via email which can take weeks apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

How do you find out what processor is in the s10 plus? I know there are 2 I would prefer the SD 855

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

How do you find out what processor is in the s10 plus? I know there are 2 I would prefer the SD 855
    Unfortunately we have the exynos version. You could buy a SD855 unlocked version in the states but i’m not sure if network services like wifi calling or VoLTE wiuld work in them here.

I did hear a rumour that with pie when you insert your network simcard the phone will automatically flash the network software but i don’t if that’s true.

If you were to get SD855 version make sure it’s the usa unlocked because i believe it has the most LTE bands out of all the SD855 versions.

Anyone else getting email notifications hours late? Happening ever since I got the s10. I don't have it on sleep or anything.
    I did however disable one UI band installed nova just like my s9 which never had this issue.

It's happening sometimes in WhatsApp too, I get message notifications from a few minutes previous the second I press the power key.

Anyone else getting email notifications hours late? Happening ever since I got the s10. I don't have it on sleep or anything.
    I did however disable one UI band installed nova just like my s9 which never had this issue.

It's happening sometimes in WhatsApp too, I get message notifications from a few minutes previous the second I press the power key.

Go into menu and search for battery optimisation

Deselect the apps you are missing notifications for.

It was wrecking all my notifications on me.

That was quick delivery!!

• Advertisement

That was quick delivery!!

I ended up getting one from adverts.ie.

€40 extra but got the phone Sunday night instead of waiting for it to come from Hong Kong

Geimhreadh wrote: »
    Go into menu and search for battery optimisation

Deselect the apps you are missing notifications for.

It was wrecking all my notifications on me.

They were optimised. No idea how they ended up there as not every app was optimised. The phone must have picked certain ones to optimise by itself..

Thanks for that, I was annoyed by it!

I ended up getting one from adverts.ie.

€40 extra but got the phone Sunday night instead of waiting for it to come from Hong Kong

Snapdragon?

Snapdragon?

Exynos, I think.

The XDA forums thread about battery life said the exynos is considerably better. I'd prefer battery life than higher benchmark scores about stuff I'd probably never notice

Exynos, I think.

The XDA forums thread about battery life said the exynos is considerably better. I'd prefer battery life than higher benchmark scores about stuff I'd probably never notice

Really? Most of what I've read says the 855 is far better.

Though since I used that battery saving guide on XDA, mine has been great anyway, so I don't really mind.

Cina wrote: »
    Really? Most of what I've read says the 855 is far better.

Though since I used that battery saving guide on XDA, mine has been great anyway, so I don't really mind.

The original post on XDA said that it's confirmed that Snapdragon will perform considerably worse battery consumption wise.

I've used the guide too (couldn't figure out the adhell thing and maybe didn't use every other suggestion) and I'm happy with my results so far. I'm a heavy phone user..always on WhatsApp and Spotify etc. Both days I went off charge at 8am and my battery lasted until 11pm/midnight

What kind of battery times do you guys get? Obviously it will vary big time as not everyone is a phone addict like myself

I've heard the 855 version is 'better' , my main concern would be battery life but if I got 16 hours morning to bed time I'd be happy no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm definitely not a heavy user, but at present am getting over 2 days, thanks to the XDA guide, but also a Bixby routine that disables WIFI, mobile data, bluetooth and the always on display for 7 hours at night. Before I charged it on Monday night, I had passed 2 days and 5 hours without charge, and still had 6 hours left! Very impressive! This is with a 10+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Am really torn between an S10+ and the P30 Pro. A few questions for S10+ users if that is ok? Coming from a OnePlus 3

How long does it take to charge the phone up to 80% or so?

Is the clarity of the screen really that much better than 1080 on the p30?

I am not a heavy camera user but do appreciate good photos, will I be satisfied?

Is bixby still annoying?

Do you find the UI easy to use in comparison to say OxegenOS?

Thanks

• Advertisement

60mb update to a biometric app from the galaxy store today.

Hopefully this will improve the terrible fingerprint scanner.

Advertisement