Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Am really torn between an S10+ and the P30 Pro. A few questions for S10+ users if that is ok? Coming from a OnePlus 3

How long does it take to charge the phone up to 80% or so?

Is the clarity of the screen really that much better than 1080 on the p30?

I am not a heavy camera user but do appreciate good photos, will I be satisfied?

Is bixby still annoying?

Do you find the UI easy to use in comparison to say OxegenOS?

Thanks

I can't answer every question as I didn't have a OnePlus, but it takes me just under 2 hours to charge the S10+ from around 6%. The camera is an upgrade on the S9, though that probably won't mean much. As for Bixby, it's as annoying as you want it to be. I find the routines handy, I use it for taking a screenshot or selfie, but not much else, and as such it doesn't really interfere with my use of the phone.

I find the UI simple to use but I'm a long-time Samsung user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Galaxy Fold unboxing and first proper look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSqkL31w69k

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

MarkY91 wrote: »
    60mb update to a biometric app from the galaxy store today.

Hopefully this will improve the terrible fingerprint scanner.

Since getting the update I'm finding the fingerprint scanner is working so much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Anyone else have an issue with lock screen notifications? Some appear on the lock screen like email or SMS. WhatsApp doesn't. I get the notification noise and the pop up if the phone is unlocked.
    Any ideas on how to fix it? Only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling WhatsApp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's the Galaxy A series that just launched ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

PTH2009 wrote: »

A80 was one of them, the one with the rotating slide up cameras. I think the other was the A70 which looks like a replacement for the A50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

PTH2009 wrote: »

Surprised no posts on this. A10, A20, A30 etc right up to A80. Some of them competing with Xiaomi price range. Great battery life, mid range processors. Some available now, some in a few weeks time. But that's for another thread.

rizzee wrote: »
    Surprised no posts on this. A10, A20, A30 etc right up to A80. Some of them competing with Xiaomi price range. Great battery life, mid range processors. Some available now, some in a few weeks time. But that's for another thread.

I've an A50 on the way for the Ma. Looks decent for 280 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

Just picked up my S10 yesterday. Loving it so far, quite the upgrade from the S7. Mighty phone. Battery no real difference to the S7 mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anyone else have an issue with lock screen notifications? Some appear on the lock screen like email or SMS. WhatsApp doesn't. I get the notification noise and the pop up if the phone is unlocked.
    Any ideas on how to fix it? Only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling WhatsApp.

It should work once you have the slider on within notifications from settings.

Are you seeing the app icon even on the lock screen?

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    It should work once you have the slider on within notifications from settings.

Are you seeing the app icon even on the lock screen?

Nope. Nothing from WhatsApp when its locked except the message ringtone. Tried turning off the always on display and that didnt work either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have broken the screen on my Nokia 8 and am considering an S10e as a replacement.

Anyone on here with a 10e that can offer an opinion, likes, dislikes, problems or niggles?

I have seen some guides on YouTube which suggest that it is pretty straightforward to set it up with a launcher and replicate the feel of pure Android so that it will feel like the Nokia or a Pixel. Anyone else done that?

Also thinking of getting the official clear view cover to give the phone a bit of protection against scratches as I tend to keep it in my pocket during the day but I don't know if it would be any good in the event of a fall. Any recommendations?

invest4deepvalue.com

Anyone finding any differences between charging Wirelessly or by cable in terms of Battery life ?

Find mine lasts longer when I cable charge but might have the phone positioned slightly wrong on the wireless pad

Thinking of buying one of those dual wireless chargers so I can charge both the phone and the galaxy bugs at the same time. Hoping they might be one in the sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Small issue, but does anyone know how to auto-arrange icons? I prefer to have them in alphabetical order, but can't seem to find the setting, I'm sure there was one on the s8...

rawn wrote: »
    Small issue, but does anyone know how to auto-arrange icons? I prefer to have them in alphabetical order, but can't seem to find the setting, I'm sure there was one on the s8...

I'm the same. Open up the thing with all the apps, tap on the 3 dots in the search bar and the first option is sort. Alphabetically is an option there.

My WhatsApp issue seems to have been solved by uninstalling, restarting the phone and re-installing WhatsApp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I'm the same. Open up the thing with all the apps, tap on the 3 dots in the search bar and the first option is sort. Alphabetically is an option there.

My WhatsApp issue seems to have been solved by uninstalling, restarting the phone and re-installing WhatsApp.

I love you. I never thought to click on the search bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

chases0102 wrote: »
    Just picked up my S10 yesterday. Loving it so far, quite the upgrade from the S7. Mighty phone. Battery no real difference to the S7 mind you.
    I have an S7 currently, would you recommend upgrading? There's nothing really wrong with my phone right now but I'm tempted to go for the S10, mainly for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

I would recommend it, yes.

There's enough of an upgrade between the two phones to merit it, for me. The Camera is fantastic, main reason why I bought the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Was looking at the S10E and S10 was thinking of going for the S10E since it doesn't have the edge screen like the S10, Managed to do a comparison on the two of them and all I can see different is the RAM and screen size.
    Am I missing anything ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Was looking at the S10E and S10 was thinking of going for the S10E since it doesn't have the edge screen like the S10, Managed to do a comparison on the two of them and all I can see different is the RAM and screen size.
    Am I missing anything ?

You'll also be without the zoom lens which may or may not be a deal breaker for you.
    And the onscreen finger print sensor will be missing on the S10e, with a finger print sensor to the side.

• Advertisement

The other difference is with battery size. From reading reviews it seems like it is just OK on the 10e so if you are a heavy user especially with games or video it could be a problem. The fast charging might overcome that but I would be concerned as to what impact that would have on battery life long term.

I have just bit the bullet on a 10e myself and hope it will get delivered today.

It will take me some days to get a decent impression of it and longer than that for the battery to bed in and see how it performs, but I will update the thread with my impressions in a week or so.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

DrZeuss wrote: »
    And the onscreen finger print sensor will be missing on the S10e, with a finger print sensor to the side.

After using the on screen one for the last month and a half, I'm not sure that's bad thing :)

Gsmarena actually gives the S10e a better battery life over the standard S10 (83hrs Vs 79hrs endurance ratings , it's also mentioned in the review)

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9537&idPhone2=9536

Wil be different for everyone depending on their usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

How are people finding the battery on the S10+? I've he S8 two years now and the battery is shot, and have an upgrade next month and planning on the S10+.

rizzee wrote: »
    Gsmarena actually gives the S10e a better battery life over the standard S10 (83hrs Vs 79hrs endurance ratings , it's also mentioned in the review)

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9537&idPhone2=9536

Wil be different for everyone depending on their usage.
    Very glad I didn't get a S10 or S10+ so!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Duff wrote: »
    How are people finding the battery on the S10+? I've he S8 two years now and the battery is shot, and have an upgrade next month and planning on the S10+.

Pretty good out of the box. Following the guide posted earlier in this thread from XDA, amazing! Get between 6 and 8 hours of SoT depending on how much I use it, and it always gets me through the day.

My S8 was shot too when I traded it in, you'll notice a big difference for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Cina wrote: »
    Pretty good out of the box. Following the guide posted earlier in this thread from XDA, amazing! Get between 6 and 8 hours of SoT depending on how much I use it, and it always gets me through the day.

My S8 was shot too when I traded it in, you'll notice a big difference for sure.

Just what I wanted to hear. Cheers!

Thanks for all the replies I should have mentioned I be up grading from the S6 :eek: Another reason why I'm looking at the S10E is that it has the same kind of screen like the S6 also is there a new charger for the new models?

Thanks for all the replies I should have mentioned I be up grading from the S6 :eek: Another reason why I'm looking at the S10E is that it has the same kind of screen like the S6 also is there a new charger for the new models?

From the S8 on they're USB-C.

Thinking about getting the 10+ now myself too with the work upgrade. I'd really love to have the camera on the P30 Pro but most of what I've read had said aside from the camera it's a dose to use because of the software. The S10+ looks to be the only real other option Vodafone has. How have people found the camera on it overall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I love it. I mean, I can't compare it with anything except the S9 I previously owned, but I've been visiting various national parks around Ireland this week and have taken some amazing shots, particularly with the wide angle lens.

My wife also has one and loves the camera too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

SuprSi wrote: »
    I love it. I mean, I can't compare it with anything except the S9 I previously owned, but I've been visiting various national parks around Ireland this week and have taken some amazing shots, particularly with the wide angle lens.

My wife also has one and loves the camera too.

Share your pics :D

676e for Sd855 S10 on Eglobal now.

Edit - extra 6 euro off coupon if you register for their emails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Have an upgrade available. Can get the s10e for 99 euro or I see that I can get the s9plus for the same .

Anybody upgrade from s9 to S10 and notice a major difference

CptMackey wrote: »
    Have an upgrade available. Can get the s10e for 99 euro or I see that I can get the s9plus for the same .

Anybody upgrade from s9 to S10 and notice a major difference

Who had the S10+ for the same price as the S10e?

Who had the S10+ for the same price as the S10e?

Read the post again. S10e or S9+ for €99

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    Read the post again. S10e or S9+ for €99

Ah yes. I'd be getting the 10e at that rate then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Ah yes. I'd be getting the 10e at that rate then.

Ya was thinking the same. I personally Can't justify the price of the S10 and S10+ but the e looks like a quality phone.

So I'm after going for the s10e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Anyone use cs mobiles?

Looking at the S10e.

I got my 10e on Wednesday evening, it's replacing a Nokia 8.

I had compared the two side by size in a shop for size before buying but probably not closely enough. Even if the 10e is classified as a 5.8" screen and the Nokia as a 5.3" screen the 19:9 vs. 16:9 screen ratio means that the 10e is considerably narrower than the 8 and with similar font sizes sentences fall over sooner and the 10e only displays a similar or marginally smaller amount of info than the Nokia, rather than the small increase I was expecting. My mistake.

The upside is that the form factor of the 10e makes it more comfortable for carrying in my jeans pocket.

I installed Rootless launcher straightaway and set up the phone so that the feel is very similar to stock android and arranged almost everything the same as I had on the Nokia. I have Google app to the left of the home screen rather than bixby. Stuck with Samsung's phone and camera apps.

On Thursday evening I followed XDA's guide for optimising battery life. I uninstalled or disabled all the apps that I could do easily from settings but still need to go back and follow their guide for disabling apps that can't be disabled directly in settings.

On Thursday on the first charge and before being optimised I had 4hrs 45mins SOT 100% to 18% over a 16 hour day.

Optimising seems to have made a decent improvement but I will need to wait a few more days to see how it is really performing.

I have set the phone to run in dark mode in settings and whilst for example Google app is running in dark mode Google News is not. Will have to investigate further what is going on there.

As I would hope to keep this phone for 2 years plus I will be trying to charge it on a 20% - 85% - 20% cycle to reduce battery degradation, it looks like battery consumption will allow that to begin with at least. I have also turned off fast charging in settings to help with degradation.

Face unlock works extremely well except in very low light/darkness and the fingerprint scanner is also much better than that on the Nokia.

I haven't used the camera much yet and not at all in low light but what photos I have taken are of excellent quality. Haven't tried video yet.

Generally very satisfied so far. I am paying €16.95 a month for the phone over 24 months over and above my sim only plan so costing about €405 in total so a good deal I think (I'm in Sweden and with Comviq) although I see that the 10e is down to €609 on Amazon.it so prices are already dropping a fair bit on it.

invest4deepvalue.com

Stoolbend wrote: »
    Anyone use cs mobiles?

Looking at the S10e.
    Reviews on Trust pilot look pretty bad...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

Anybody know the best deals out there to buy the 10+ out straight.
    Seen one on adverts for €789 for the 128gb model. Would that be an ideal place to get them or would anybody recommend anywhere else?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

April update out now for Unlocked S10+ and presumably S10/S10e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    April update out now for Unlocked S10+ and presumably S10/S10e

Got it this morning. Adds night mode to the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Has anyone had to pay a bit extra through the Samsung trade in programme as the phone was valued below 200. I've been told I owe 70 and they want to take payment over the phone which I'm not too keen on.

Ordered one of those Duo chargers off littlewoods €71

Be handy as I can charge the Buds too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Cina wrote: »
    Really? Most of what I've read says the 855 is far better.

Though since I used that battery saving guide on XDA, mine has been great anyway, so I don't really mind.

Can someone link me to this thread? Thanks in advance.

Can someone link me to this thread? Thanks in advance.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109812977&postcount=838

invest4deepvalue.com

Collected my S10 today and it came with a otter case, I see they included a converter for the older type chargers as well.
    Any one know were I might pick up another one of these converter so I can use it in the car ?

Collected my S10 today and it came with a otter case, I see they included a converter for the older type chargers as well.
    Any one know were I might pick up another one of these converter so I can use it in the car ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I picked one of them up on Amazon for around €2 a few months back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement