Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Battery is good. I use it quite heavy all day and usually have 30-40% left at night when charging it. I do notice that the fast charge is not as fast as my old Huawei, but its quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My fast charge seems to have vanished.

Both chargers and both wires don't give me a fast charge anymore. Fast charge is turned on, no idea what to do.

Just getting a cable charge now :(((

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Tzardine wrote: »
    Battery is good. I use it quite heavy all day and usually have 30-40% left at night when charging it. I do notice that the fast charge is not as fast as my old Huawei, but its quick enough.

Yeah I had a p20 and mate 20 pro and it's nothing compared to them! The A70 I had was fast for the size in fairness. I'm happy with this though it's a solid compact phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Amazon France are selling the s10 dual sim, 128gb, in black for €661 delivered. Seems to be the best price around. Does anyone know of a better price?

Adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are any of the wireless car chargers on amazon any good?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Guys, work query:

I bought an S10 from eir and am trying to claim my free Watch.

I don't seem to have a proof of purchase though - an I missing something?

I bought it online and it was delivered via Nightline.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Guys, work query:

I bought an S10 from eir and am trying to claim my free Watch.

I don't seem to have a proof of purchase though - an I missing something?

I bought it online and it was delivered via Nightline.

Thanks.

Didn't you get an order email? Maybe even with a PDF attached?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Didn't you get an order email? Maybe even with a PDF attached?

Thanks for the reply Misky.

I did get a couple of emails from eir, but none specifically mention that it was an S10 I ordered.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Misky.

I did get a couple of emails from eir, but none specifically mention that it was an S10 I ordered.

That's unsual. Normally, you'd have at least one email with the order summary. I've never ordered from Eir personally but from other service providers that would be the case.

Can you log on to "My Eir" and see your orders maybe?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That's unsual. Normally, you'd have at least one email with the order summary. I've never ordered from Eir personally but from other service providers that would be the case.

Can you log on to "My Eir" and see your orders maybe?

Thanks again for your time Misky.

Logged into MyEir there and there's no mention of the order etc.

May need to bite the bullet and try contact then!

You will need a receipt with the sales date, company logo and details of the phone you bought, otherwise it will be rejected.

They rejected mine because the carphone warehouse receipt had no logo on it.

Go into an eir shop and ask them to print you a receipt. This is what I did in CPW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

Why Linkedin app doesn't have the option to be uninstalled? (Samsung S10)

lynvoh wrote: »
    Why Linkedin app doesn't have the option to be uninstalled? (Samsung S10)

Preinstalled, it can be disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Gru

Thanks again for your time Misky.

Logged into MyEir there and there's no mention of the order etc.

May need to bite the bullet and try contact then!

Try contacting Samsung Promotions, i had to as my S10 order with Vodafone never had a receipt (the cost of the phone was added to my bill).

First i submitted a claim with the dispatch documentation i had (it was insufficient and rejected according to Samsung).

I then appealed via the Samsung promotions website "contact us", gave them my claim number and added further screen grabs to my e-mail to them to prove i had ordered it and when i received it and explained my case,

I got the e-mail yesterday saying my claim was approved,

Get the humans to review it and you should be fine, if you can back up what you say with screen grabs and be persistent.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice on the watch claim guys.

In fairness to eir, they were very good and forthcoming and I got what I wanted - mainly and ultimately my claim being approved.

Now to wait 45 days.

Thanks for all the advice on the watch claim guys.

In fairness to eir, they were very good and forthcoming and I got what I wanted - mainly and ultimately my claim being approved.

Now to wait 45 days.

Day 10 for me and no sign yet :(

Just bought one of these this evening from Amazon. Will I be eligible for the free watch offer? It's the s10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

rizzee wrote: »
    Adverts.
    Are these ads on adverts legit. The phones seem very cheap. eg.

http://www.adverts.ie/18660560

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

slfcarro5 wrote: »

I've bought my last few Samsung's from adverts. It's usually one of the Pakistani phone shops in town.

It fix and that phone shop on Mary Street are the typical ones who will advertise.

Their price is usually a tenner cheaper on adverts than in store so make sure to get your offer accepted to save yourself a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Howdy, just wondering if the S10e actually has an FM radio? Googling seems to suggest that only the north American version does, and the European one doesn't?

Can anybody confirm?

Just bought one of these this evening from Amazon. Will I be eligible for the free watch offer? It's the s10.

No. Amazon are not one of the participating retaillers

https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/pages/watchactive/qualifying-retailers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

This months update sounds good

Link to Windows, Front camera night mode, Super steady video stabilization, AR Doodle and Live focus video recording.

Can't wait to see how these perform. The live focus video is something i was hoping for.

https://news.samsung.com/global/software-update-brings-powerful-galaxy-note10-features-to-the-galaxy-s10

Got my S10 in the post today. Used Samsung Switch to get everything over. The battery life seems to be holding it's own compared to my previous S8.

Miss the LED notification but found an app that will light up around the camera when I receive a new notification.

Just got the September update for S10e there with all the new camera features etc.

1325mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

rizzee wrote: »
    Just got the September update for S10e there with all the new camera features etc.

1325mb

Wow whopper. 588mb on s10 plus.

Checked my phone for an update and it was there. Mainly camera features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

Downloading now on vodafone for s10e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Battery life on my s10 gone ****e got about 10 hours use (mostly FB, Chrome, WhatsApp) and about 1 hour of spotify

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Battery life on my s10 gone ****e got about 10 hours use (mostly FB, Chrome, WhatsApp) and about 1 hour of spotify
    Turn the phone off, press and hold vol up, bixby and power buttons. Let go of power when the samsung logo appears and then the recovery menu will appear shortly afterwards so release the other buttons.

Use the vol buttons to scroll down to wipe cache partition and then press the power button, make sure you don't select data partition as it will wipe the phone. Select yes and press power again and then go to reboot phone and press power once again to select.

I got into a habit of doing this after every software update on my S7 and it fixed the majority of battery problems.

• Advertisement

Got my watch this morning. It is a bit small for me, I like a larger face. Have stuck it up on adverts.

Its a shame, it looks like a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

Tzardine wrote:
    Got my watch this morning. It is a bit small for me, I like a larger face. Have stuck it up on adverts.

How long were you waiting between purchasing the phone and receiving the watch?

Donutz wrote: »
    How long were you waiting between purchasing the phone and receiving the watch?

I think my claim was validated on the 12th September. I submitted it a few days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

Tzardine wrote:
    I think my claim was validated on the 12th September. I submitted it a few days earlier.

Thanks. My claim was submitted and validated on the 16th so hopefully wont have to wait much longer.

Was it an post or a different courier?

Donutz wrote: »
    Thanks. My claim was submitted and validated on the 16th so hopefully wont have to wait much longer.

Was it an post or a different courier?

DHL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

slfcarro5 wrote: »

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I've bought my last few Samsung's from adverts. It's usually one of the Pakistani phone shops in town.

It fix and that phone shop on Mary Street are the typical ones who will advertise.

Their price is usually a tenner cheaper on adverts than in store so make sure to get your offer accepted to save yourself a tenner

Hi,

Do you know whether they sell the Snapdragon or the Exynos versions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

Anyone here with the S10 5G?

From my reading it seems the Exynos versions perform "poorly" in battery life tests. Now I put that in quotes as it's all relative to it's snapdragon cousin.

If anyone here has it how do they find it especially regarding battery life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Hi

Looking at getting a new phone and looking at 5g options

Where is the best place to get the 5g model and take it that it will still pick up 4g and 3g until 5g is rolled out fully?

Cheers

The lock on my phone is the pattern but I have smart lock on so it shouldn't lock in certain areas or when connected to certain devices. However when my fingerprint doesn't work the first time it asks for pattern even though I've smart lock enabled. It doesn't allow me to try fingerprint unlock again. Quite annoying as I unlock and lock my phone regularly each day.

Anyone any ideas?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Only time I need to enter the pin is when the fingerprint doesn't work for 4 or maybe 5 tries.

guil wrote: »
    Only time I need to enter the pin is when the fingerprint doesn't work for 4 or maybe 5 tries.

Really?

Maybe I've some setting on that forces me to input the pattern once the first fingerprint unlock doesn't work. I'll have to try play around with it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Has anyone ever had their S10 repaired via Samsung warranty?

Via FonFix based in Dublin btw.

Was told I'd have my phone back within 7 days from the day it was collected. So far it's been 12 days and no sign of it being returned.

FonFix themselves are very fast at replying to emails but when asking for how long before I have my phone returned to me, they give very vague, generic answers. Not specific to my case.

Google reviews for FonFix are also far from reassuring.

Has anyone had experience with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭argentum

Hopefully someone can help me.
    My S10 says I'm using 127GB of available space.
    I know its wrong but i can't find how to clear it
    It seems to be a standard problem on this phone so any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

What's the best glass screen protector that allows the fingerprint reader to work for an s10 ?

So, november 5th I got a mail from Samsung (having queried the fact that I hadn’t received my watch within the promised 45-day period) saying:

Unfortunately due to this promotion being more popular than we initially expected we have experienced a few slight delays with the delivery of the gifts for this promotion.
    We aim to dispatch your gift as soon as possible and you should receive a notification or email once the tracking number is processed.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Advertisement

So, november 5th I got a mail from Samsung (having queried the fact that I hadn’t received my watch within the promised 45-day period) saying:

Unfortunately due to this promotion being more popular than we initially expected we have experienced a few slight delays with the delivery of the gifts for this promotion.
    We aim to dispatch your gift as soon as possible and you should receive a notification or email once the tracking number is processed.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have you still not received even a tracking number?

Nope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

jamesd wrote: »
    What's the best glass screen protector that allows the fingerprint reader to work for an s10 ?

Anyone using a glass screen saver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭niallb

Expect to spend around €70 for the one that works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I've my phone since the release date and don't use a screen protector, thereisnt a mark on it.

I do use Spigen cover for the back of it.Found the 8 and 9 cracked and scratched on the back very easily .

• Advertisement
Advertisement