Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Institute of Banking Exams

• 06-02-2019 10:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is 100% the right forum for this but I'm looking for advice for anyone who has done NFQ Level 7 at the Institute of Banking. I'm going to register to do a few modules but wondering how many is reasonable to do per term. Currently working in AML so will be doing the Financial Crime Prevention but I'd happily do more to try and get to Level 8 as soon as I can. Anyone done these tests? Will add that my work will pay the fees so the cost isn't a problem.

https://www.iob.ie/?q=node/89

Gonna ring them tomorrow and ask for their opinions but would be good to have an outsiders advice too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

irish_goat wrote: »
    Not sure if this is 100% the right forum for this but I'm looking for advice for anyone who has done NFQ Level 7 at the Institute of Banking. I'm going to register to do a few modules but wondering how many is reasonable to do per term. Currently working in AML so will be doing the Financial Crime Prevention but I'd happily do more to try and get to Level 8 as soon as I can. Anyone done these tests? Will add that my work will pay the fees so the cost isn't a problem.

Gonna ring them tomorrow and ask for their opinions but would be good to have an outsiders advice too.

Currently doing Custody and TA and Fund accounting. Had Intro to Investment funds before Xmas. 3 modules spread out over 2 terms - Xmas, New Year to May. Very manageable. Exams aren't the most difficult - once you put a bit of work in. 40% pass mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Applepie15

Has anyone ever taken an IOB exam and failed but felt unsure about the result, well follow your gut.
    Go get the exam script and solutions and it will confirm your feelings.
    The IOB have been failing people for years and getting away with it.
    You repeat they earn, your review they earn.
    They don't want you to question them so hide behind policy.
    Get your original exam results back to personally review.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Applepie15 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever taken an IOB exam and failed but felt unsure about the result, well follow your gut.
    Go get the exam script and solutions and it will confirm your feelings.
    The IOB have been failing people for years and getting away with it.
    You repeat they earn, your review they earn.
    They don't want you to question them so hide behind policy.
    Get your original exam results back to personally review.

Probably a good idea to reconsider your position and ask the admins to delete your post.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Probably a good idea to reconsider your position and ask the admins to delete your post.

Why is that Jim?

Why is that Jim?

Well if that is the kind of reputation you want to build yourself then OK.

• Advertisement

Well if that is the kind of reputation you want to build yourself then OK.

What identifies me Jim or my reputation?
    You haven't contributed an answer yet just an unsupported statement.

What identifies me Jim or my reputation?
    You haven't contributed an answer yet just an unsupported statement.

I have no intention at trying to answer a rant from someone who was not up to the mark. I only suggested that it was probably not much a great idea to post such childish nonsense as it reduces the chance of people taking you seriously in the future. Since you are happy to own it. That is where this ends.

I have no intention at trying to answer a rant from someone who was not up to the mark. I only suggested that it was probably not much a great idea to post such childish nonsense as it reduces the chance of people taking you seriously in the future. Since you are happy to own it. That is where this ends.

What a foolish follow up comment from Jim.
    Who said I wasn't up to the mark?
    You, who are you, nobody. Jim you are simply a pathetic troll, I've read your other comments on threads, looking for negative attention in attempt to feel a bit superior.
    Nothing about my comment identifies me, their anonymous.
    So who is going to take an anonymous comment seriously.
    Scurry along Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

irish_goat wrote: »

If you're working full-time then two modules in a term is do-able once you organise your coursework/study and put in the hours needed, also claim your study leave from work if it's available. Anything more than two modules in a term and you'll be stretching yourself big time

Advertisement