Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Team Talk X: The Long Hard Road to a Semi. MOD WARNING POSTS #1, #1474, #5707

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Has anyone confirmed it yet?

Based on irfu video they have only had one run out .....terrible luck if that happened

Only the article above. But no smoke without fire.

I can't see any rush to get someone on a plane just yet they'll want a full assessment and prognosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Uriel. wrote: »
    Only the article above. But no smoke without fire.

I can't see any rush to get someone on a plane just yet they'll want a full assessment and prognosis.

Addison is playing a friendly for Ulster I think tonight, if he gets pulled then it will be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Addison moved to the bench from starting fullback. Just kicked off. Faddes gone fullback and Hume from bench to centre

Who is arguing? It’s a discussion and a concern for Ireland and has to be considered

Every best practice and best advice is available to the squad. I think they have it covered.

Your debate has deteriorated to who has a better anecdotal meteorological understanding of conditions in Japan and frankly it's tiresome. Just my opinion.

I'm back seat modding now so will leave it at that.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Addison moved to the bench from starting fullback. Just kicked off. Faddes gone fullback and Hume from bench to centre

That would suggest they have a concern

If henshaw was out then no chance Addison would be even on bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Ruaidhi O'Connor sayings Joe will address the media at 1am Irish time. https://twitter.com/IndoSport/status/1172872476239499264

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Joe doing presser at 1am Irish time sunday

That would suggest they have a concern

If henshaw was out then no chance Addison would be even on bench

Ulster are away. Might be only using Addison if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This was unfortunately predictable given Henshaw's injury record. A real shame for the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This was unfortunately predictable given Henshaw's injury record. A real shame for the lad.

very sad but could he stick around and maybe be back later on ??

I suppose IRFU wont be paying for a working holiday for injured players

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

If its 4-6 weeks as someone else suggested, is there even time to get him back to his best after that timeframe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The IRFU couldn’t care less about the expense. If he is replaced he can’t come back so it would be redundant. If he’s not replaced he will obviously stay with the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Podge_irl wrote: »

The IRFU couldn’t care less about the expense. If he is replaced he can’t come back so it would be redundant. If he’s not replaced he will obviously stay with the team.

World rugby pay anyway, not the IRFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If it’s true I wouldn’t be shocked if they left it until after the Scottish game to call someone up, if anyone picks up a niggle it might change who gets the call.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Ulster are away. Might be only using Addison if required.

They had it in newspaper and everything about Addison starting .....

Hopefully it’s just a precaution not starting him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Worth pointing out that if Henshaw is de-registered for Addison, he cannot be re-registered. Once he's out of the squad, he's out for the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

That's without really looking at the U20 squad either and some of the young Munster/Leinster/Ulster/Connacht players.....

I would have Balacoune on the wing by the way :P:P:P:P I think that is the spelling

Baloucoune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Awful for Henshaw, but I guess if we were to ship an injury it's in one of the positions we have more depth in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Awful for Henshaw, but I guess if we were to ship an injury it's in one of the positions we have more depth in.
    Considering his injuries of late it was wise choice to bring the 4 centres instead of the 3rd SH.
    Also good selecting to start Farrell and Ringrose together v Italy.
    Henshaw is a minor loss as long as Aki stays fit. All things considered I’m actually happy that Addison will be there to offer solid backup, particularly at FB.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

jacothelad wrote: »
    Baloucoune

A noble name

Considering his injuries of late it was wise choice to bring the 4 centres instead of the 3rd SH.
    Also good selecting to start Farrell and Ringrose together v Italy.
    Henshaw is a minor loss as long as Aki stays fit. All things considered I’m actually happy that Addison will be there to offer solid backup, particularly at FB.

Ireland seems to be prone to injuries in centre......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

A relatively minor loss, perhaps, compared to some. Calling him just a minor loss is harsh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Henshaw's aggression v. Wales set the example for the rest of the line defence. He was great.

Flying round a few others sites now as "fact" but I dont know...

People saying he is out till after Russia game.....

All seem to suggest an insider.....

• Advertisement

That wouldn't be the end of the world. He'd have the Samoa game to get back up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Id probably risk keeping him if that the case, at least until after the Japan game and reassess the situation then. Between Ringrose, bundee and Farrell should be fine for those two first games.

Wegians89 wrote: »

Id probably risk keeping him if that the case, at least until after the Japan game and reassess the situation then. Between Ringrose, bundee and Farrell should be fine for those two first games.

Maybe Addison fancies a holiday after an exhausting preseason.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

troyzer wrote: »

I think Wayne Rooney used to go to Dubai the odd time to do personal training in the middle of a season. Addison might like to do that in Japan?

troyzer wrote: »

I think Wayne Rooney used to go to Dubai the odd time to do personal training in the middle of a season. Addison might like to do that in Japan?

Anything is better than Belfast.

• Advertisement

No they won’t....

He will be with Ulster and keeping match fit

Pointless bringing in a player for qtr or semi and they have been training in Dubai and no match practise

All players at home will be getting as much game time as possible and hoping to stay fit as well...if called in they should be ready to start a game...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If it only happened this morning they wouldn’t have the scan results yet to determine how long it will take to heal. Murray said there will be a press update at 1am Irish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

A curio about Tonergate is how, until the leaks stared flagging it, nobody, but nobody, was pushing for that exchange. There wasn't even a hint of a debate about such a switch. Which is unusual. Normally there would be at least some here or in the media making the case. Not really being Irish and so lacking any history, or local fan base, may be part of it. But only part of it. There was plenty of Aki talk from way out. And the James Lowe for Ireland talk began almost as soon as he laced his first Leinster boots.
    A real under the radar one. Shows what even we boards/rugby, the most astute of Irish rugby watchers, know about the game compared to Joe. His rugby brain is just bigger than everybodies.

Henshaw! Jaysus.
    No two ways about this, but Ireland's rugby hopes have just taken a serious dent. Feckity feck feck feck.

Henshaw! Jaysus.
    No two ways about this, but Ireland's rugby hopes have just taken a serious dent. Feckity feck feck feck.

I can't think of another probable starter getting injured that hurts our chances less tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's all Luke Fitzgerald's fault. Turned his argument onto Aki saying it was a shame Ringrose was potentially going to be on the bench, and now Henshaw is out and the likely starting partnership is Aki and Ringrose. Put the mockers on him so he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's all Luke Fitzgerald's fault. Turned his argument onto Aki saying it was a shame Ringrose was potentially going to be on the bench, and now Henshaw is out and the likely starting partnership is Aki and Ringrose. Put the mockers on him so he did.
    Aye, he had a proper hissy fit during the week.

I can't think of another probable starter getting injured that hurts our chances less tbh

Small bit over the top now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

Wegians89 wrote:

Replacement players can't join the squad for 48 hours after their call up.

Small bit over the top now....

Not saying he wont be missed but....RR/Farell/Aki can form a good/possibly better midfield

POM is the only other guy I think we would miss less

Edit : Or Best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Not saying he wont be missed but....RR/Farell/Aki can form a good/possibly better midfield

Best is probably our best captain

Earlsie brings nothing special to the party at this stage. But less of our expendables - Henchie is the lynchpin that makes the Three quarter line, in offence, and especially defence, work, or look like a group just introduced to each other in the dressing room togging out. Everything around him works better for him being there.
    He is a bi big loss. If any smidgen of a possibility that he can make the quarter final, then its worth carrying him for the time being.

JJJackal wrote: »
    Best is probably our best captain

Agreed

But being a good captain sadly isnt enough to cut it at the top level

Earlsie brings nothing special to the party at this stage. But less of our expendables - Henchie is the lynchpin that makes the Three quarter line, in offence, and especially defence, work, or look like a group just introduced to each other in the dressing room togging out. Everything around him works better for him being there.
    He is a bi big loss. If any smidgen of a possibility that he can make the quarter final, then its worth carrying him for the time being.

A FIT Ringrose is a better 13 than Henshaw, of that I think there is no doubt.

Not a slight on Henshaw , RR is just very, very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Agreed

But being a good captain sadly isnt enough to cut it at the top level
    A FIT Ringrose is a better 13 than Henshaw, of that I think there is no doubt.

Not a slight on Henshaw , RR is just very, very good.

Henshaw was outstanding against Wales, much more imposing than RR. Best had a great 60 minutes. When he's on form which he was vs Wales he's one of the top twos in rugby. I was actually delighted with the Henshaw / Aki combination and think it's without a doubt our best.

Henshaw was outstanding against Wales, much more imposing than RR. Best had a great 60 minutes. When he's on form which he was vs Wales he's one of the top twos in rugby. I was actually delighted with the Henshaw / Aki combination and think it's without a doubt our best.

Very short memories of how good RR has been for the past two seasons

I do agree that Henshaw went well against Wales though

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Baffling how many people have short memories here.

Ringrose has a rough couple of games and he’s done, despite being our best 13 by a country mile.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Baffling how many people have short memories here.

Ringrose has a rough couple of games and he’s done, despite being our best 13 by a country mile.

Sexton was past it a few posts back

Nothing baffling on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

What isn't baffling is the usual suspects.
    I'm of the opinion that Henshaw / Aki is the better centre combination. I never said anything about RR, so put your high heels back in your handbags ladies :D

• Advertisement

What isn't baffling is the usual suspects.
    I'm of the opinion that Henshaw / Aki is the better centre combination. I never said anything about RR, so put your high heels back in your handbags ladies :D

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement