Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with bike upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've got one of these... absolutely lovely bike.

Sorry no advice on the query, just came here to say this :)

It might be time for an upgrade to the latest model though, if it's 6 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Maybe a new back wheel with built in hub gear? Not sure how much overall that would cost - but spending 200+ on this wouldn't necessarily add any value if you plan on selling it - probably more than the bike is worth or close to it

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Gandorf

mrcheez wrote: »
    I've got one of these... absolutely lovely bike.

Sorry no advice on the query, just came here to say this :)

It might be time for an upgrade to the latest model though, if it's 6 years old

Yeah it is/was a good bike, served me well... have a new bike on the way but it seems a shame to let this one go to waste. :-)

Hows your X7 drivetrain going, still in good shape?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Gandorf wrote: »
    Yeah it is/was a good bike, served me well... have a new bike on the way but it seems a shame to let this one go to waste. :-)

Hows your X7 drivetrain going, still in good shape?

yep... it's pretty much as good as new

Very solid bike I gotta say... fast as hell

Maybe a new back wheel with built in hub gear? Not sure how much overall that would cost - but spending 200+ on this wouldn't necessarily add any value if you plan on selling it - probably more than the bike is worth or close to it

The new C2W bike is a hub gear so have that covered :-)

Yeah don't want to spend too much, I might just end up doing nothing and just selling it for cheap. Was just interested in some expert advice on what parts would work and would be a reasonable price.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    yep... it's pretty much as good as new
    Very solid bike I gotta say... fast as hell

Damn, I knew I should have looked after it better :)

Although 90k / week commute for 6 years is pretty good I suppose, it doesn't owe me anything at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Might be worth putting a wanted ad in the ad forum here for a front wheel?

Might be worth putting a wanted ad in the ad forum here for a front wheel?

Yep I might do that thanks. Although the more I look at costs the more I think I might be better just selling it on.

Advertisement