Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges For Top-Up - Three Ireland

Options
  • 07-02-2019 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I am with Three Ireland.

I don't make or receive many calls or texts and use wi-fi for most of my comms.

The lowest top-up plan is €20 per month and I don't use that, as I'd have a credit of EUR70-80 in a couple of months.

I topped up this morning and got an SMS message from Three.

1) It says I topped up by EUR20, when in fact it was EUR25
    2) It says "EUR10 charge applies to EUR20+ top-ups".

This is outrageous!

Any advice of best offers (for me particularly, given my usage). My whole family are with Three and I'm going to switch!

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it possible you're on befree plan?
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057800098

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Hi Ten Pin

Yes - the plan is BeFree Talk

I note from the very helpful link you sent that the recommendation is simply to cancel the plan.

My worry is what plan will that leave me on and will it be possibly worse than the one I'm on?

T

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You'd be on regular PAYG rates unless you top up by €20 for unlimited data and texts.

Advertisement