Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing Beko Tumble dryer thermostat

Options
  • 07-02-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi there
    wonder if ye could give some advice re: repair of Beko tumble dryer. Its the DCU 8230 version. Stopped working last week - drum spins but no heat. Looking at thermostat it looks banjaxed - plastic connections burned and don't think thermostat working either - i have tested it with multimeter and no continuity. Also i think the wires need replacing as well.
    How big a job is it to take off the back and replace those wires, could i get away with just replacing thermostat and any idea where i can pick up spare parts ??
    can't seem to attach photos
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

With the dryer unplugged you should have enough of wire to trim and re tag with new spades. You will be able to source a new stat from the likes of Exsparetise in Tullamore who are on the net. Make sure you make good connections on the re wire as there is a c 2kw load going through the stat

• Registered Users Posts: 7 guarcross

thanks for reply - did try expertise but they wanted to sell me entire heating unit. will see if i can source thermostat and spades and hope heating unit is fine.

Advertisement