Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Paid Master Card - Cash Top Up

• 07-02-2019 12:58pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I gave a nephew some cash over christmas. He still has it and asked me to put it on a prepaid master card (or credit card) as he wants to order something from Germany.

Is there any options out there for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

I think one for all vouchers can be used as a credit card online....might be something to double check as they can be got in loads of places

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I always considered one4all as just a gift card

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

They usually are locally but there is a long number on the front that looks like a credit card number, my son got one as an xmas gift from a family member and got me thinking but I havent looked into it myself. Theres a Swirl card available, this is a prepaid CC works through the mastercard system. I think they are available to get online

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He has cash and has saved up a bit. He's asked me and his mother to buy it for him but his mother doesnt want him using her CC and said look into a pre paid one. Just not sure how you top one by cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The One4All card is now a visa card (you used to need to convert it), but they restrict usage to certain retailers as shown on https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/spend-online.html. So if he wants to use it for an online retailer in Germany that is a no starter.

Swirlcard is free to get and can be topped up with cash, but it's expensive with €2.99 to load (up to 250€) and 2.95% of transaction value (Min 0.75c, Max €2.95) if you pay.

Paysafecard Mastercard is also an option but it costs Annual fee just 9,90 EUR plus 4 % top-up fee.

And then there is the question of how old he is because if he is underage then that is going to be even harder.

The best would be for you to order it for him and then he pays you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement