Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtling -- how to

Options
  • 07-02-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

So after a bike fit yesterday and seeing myself on the screen I can see that I don't have the best head position on the bike. My back position is good but I lose all that by holding my head up pretty high. Is there any tricks to turtling your head or is it just a case of practice and practice? It also had the knock on effect of showing up how bad that position is with the helmet I have, and a few helmets I tried on at the time too. If I could get my head a bit lower it would help with the position overall and help with an aero helmet actually working for my position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ah different type of turtling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Try this perhaps?

I read another bit from Matt Bottrill but can't find it. Will keep an eye out for it.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

That's a very similar position to myself, on an eyeball view anyway. Straight enough back but head a bit too high, cheers P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just look 2/3m (just over front wheel) in front with the odd glance further afield to keep it straight.

Advertisement