If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony WI1000X Wireless Noise Cancelling Earphones

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Im interested in buying a pair of Noise Cancelling wireless In-ear headphones and I've spotted these Sony's on your website. I've read some mixed reviews about their Noise cancelling capabilities and was wondering if you have any feedback on how good these are in terms of blocking out noise on an average commute (train/Bus) ?

Also, are there any Boardsie offers on these???

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203086-sony-wi1000x-black-in-ear-mic-noise-cancelling-wireless-bluetooth-headphones.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi Hendrickp.

I've never used them out in public unfortunately and only on demo several times here in store.

There did block out the back ground noise, music etc when I have demoed them but as to how they might handle a much louder environment I'm not sure.

One of my colleague owns the over ear version and swears by them.

I could offer the WI1000 at £169.99 or 199 Euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hi Guys,

Im interested in buying a pair of Noise Cancelling wireless In-ear headphones and I've spotted these Sony's on your website. I've read some mixed reviews about their Noise cancelling capabilities and was wondering if you have any feedback on how good these are in terms of blocking out noise on an average commute (train/Bus) ?

Also, are there any Boardsie offers on these???

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203086-sony-wi1000x-black-in-ear-mic-noise-cancelling-wireless-bluetooth-headphones.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi Hendrickp.

I've never used them out in public unfortunately and only on demo several times here in store.

There did block out the back ground noise, music etc when I have demoed them but as to how they might handle a much louder environment I'm not sure.

One of my colleague owns the over ear version and swears by them.

I could offer the WI1000 at £169.99 or 199 Euro delivered.
    Thanks for getting back so soon Kenny.

Just one other thing, what are they like for viewing videos. I would watch a lot of videos on YouTube while on the train so any issues with audio lag would be a major problem.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Hendrickp,

I actually use the WI1000's myself and I find them excellent.

I use them a lot whilst running ( the neckband isn't ideal but I just tuck them in and they work fine) - I mainly use them with a Hi-Res music player and the sound quality is excellent.

In terms of audio lag unfortunately with any BT device you will get some audio-lag and whilst I rarely use them for video viewing I think that they will be as good or better than most devices - you can of course also connect them using the supplied cable if your device has a 3.5mm headphone output.

The Noise cancelling is excellent but of course does not kill all background noise - but put it this way, I cant use it anymore when I'm running otherwise I was going to end up under a BMW :)

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Hendrickp,

I use them a lot whilst running ( the neckband isn't ideal but I just tuck them in and they work fine) - I mainly use them with a Hi-Res music player and the sound quality is excellent.

In terms of audio lag unfortunately with any BT device you will get some audio-lag and whilst I rarely use them for video viewing I think that they will be as good or better than most devices - you can of course also connect them using the supplied cable if your device has a 3.5mm headphone output.

The Noise cancelling is excellent but of course does not kill all background noise - but put it this way, I cant use it anymore when I'm running otherwise I was going to end up under a BMW :)

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

I currently have the Sony WH-1000XM2 at the moment and the Noise Cancellation and sound quality are excellent so I'm hoping that these would be very similar in terms of overall quality. I've had no issues with audio lag at all with the XM2's so hopefully these will work just as well. I'll probably bang an order through in the next day or so.

Thanks again guys.

Hi Hendrickp,

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

I currently have the Sony WH-1000XM2 at the moment and the Noise Cancellation and sound quality are excellent so I'm hoping that these would be very similar in terms of overall quality. I've had no issues with audio lag at all with the XM2's so hopefully these will work just as well. I'll probably bang an order through in the next day or so.

Thanks again guys.
    No problem at all Hendrickp.

• Advertisement

Hi Hendrickp,

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks again guys.
    Hi Guys,

Just as a follow on from this, I've noticed today that Amazon are selling these for £149 which works out about €180 including delivery for the gold version. Can you guys better that?

Regards

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cancelling-Resolution-Headphones-Recognition-Gold/dp/B074X8M841/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Hi Hendrickp,

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks again guys.
    Hi Guys,

Just as a follow on from this, I've noticed today that Amazon are selling these for £149 which works out about €180 including delivery for the gold version. Can you guys better that?

Regards

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cancelling-Resolution-Headphones-Recognition-Gold/dp/B074X8M841/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
    Hi Hendrickp.

I have had a check over the Amazon price and when you select shipping to the South of Ireland it recalculates the VAT and the price increases to £152.73.

I would be able to offer to beat this price and offer the Gold ones at £147.73 delivered.

However at the moment there are less than 5 sets of the Gold version showing in our main warehouse.

If you would like to go for a set drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.

Hi Hendrickp,

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks again guys.
    Hi Guys,

Regards

Hi Hendrickp.

I have had a check over the Amazon price and when you select shipping to the South of Ireland it recalculates the VAT and the price increases to £152.73.

I would be able to offer to beat this price and offer the Gold ones at £147.73 delivered.

However at the moment there are less than 5 sets of the Gold version showing in our main warehouse.

If you would like to go for a set drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.
    that's great Kenny, thanks.

Can I just ask if that price translates into €170??

Hi Hendrickp,

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks again guys.
    Hi Guys,

Regards

Hi Hendrickp.

Hi Hendrickp.

You would need to check with your bank to see what their exchange rate would be.

At our in-store rate it would be 173.80 Euro.

You can pay in sterling with no issues and let your bank do the conversion to Euro.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Hendrickp,

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks again guys.
    Hi Guys,

Regards

Hi Hendrickp.

Hi Hendrickp.

You would need to check with your bank to see what their exchange rate would be.

You can pay in sterling with no issues and let your bank do the conversion to Euro.

That's great Kenny. I'll PM you my phone number to get the ball rolling.

Thanks Again.

• Advertisement

Hi Hendrickp,

Highly recommended tho'

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks again guys.
    Hi Guys,

Regards

Hi Hendrickp.

Hi Hendrickp.

That's great Kenny. I'll PM you my phone number to get the ball rolling.

Thanks Again.

Hi Guys,

Just want to say thanks for advice on these earphones. They are fantastic and exactly what I needed. The sound quality and noise cancelling from such small earphones is quite something.

Anyway, just a follow up question as I've seen lots of people online talking about upgrading the ear tips that go with these in-ear headphones to Comply Tips. Do you have any experience with replacing the normal tips with memory foam tips like these? I'm just a bit skeptical that something like this would make that much of a difference.

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/t-200/

Hi Guys,

Just want to say thanks for advice on these earphones. They are fantastic and exactly what I needed. The sound quality and noise cancelling from such small earphones is quite something.

Anyway, just a follow up question as I've seen lots of people online talking about upgrading the ear tips that go with these in-ear headphones to Comply Tips. Do you have any experience with replacing the normal tips with memory foam tips like these? I'm just a bit skeptical that something like this would make that much of a difference.

Hi Hendrickp.

I've not tried the comply tips on the Sony's but have used them on other headphones (RHA range) and they did feel comfortable and a good fit.

It seem that we no longer stock the comply tips and they have dropped off of the website.

Hi Guys,

Hi Hendrickp.

I've not tried the comply tips on the Sony's but have used them on other headphones (RHA range) and they did feel comfortable and a good fit.

It seem that we no longer stock the comply tips and they have dropped off of the website.
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the feedback. I might pick up a pack of the isolation tips online and take a chance.

Regards

I use the WI1000's and i have also used Comply ( but not with the WI1000's) and I honestly don't think it worth the extra - the bud selection with the WI1000's is really quite good - the only issue I have with the WI1000's is the damn things don't make me run any faster :( ..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I use the WI1000's and i have also used Comply ( but not with the WI1000's) and I honestly don't think it worth the extra - the bud selection with the WI1000's is really quite good - the only issue I have with the WI1000's is the damn things don't make me run any faster :( ..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    :) 

Thanks John. Maybe I'm reading too much into how these tips can transform the listening experience. If you read some of the reviews on certain websites they'd have you believe that using Comply tips will turn a €5 set of earphones into a €200 set.

Hopefully they won't make YOUR £200 cans sound like a £5 :D :D

Seriously tho' Comply tips are decent and inexpensive so worth a try I guess..

Keep us posted - I'd be (personally) interested to see how you get on..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hopefully they won't make YOUR £200 cans sound like a £5 :D :D

Seriously tho' Comply tips are decent and inexpensive so worth a try I guess..

Keep us posted - I'd be (personally) interested to see how you get on..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Will do John. thanks for all the help with these earphones. 

Hi Guys,

Hi Hendrickp.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the feedback. I might pick up a pack of the isolation tips online and take a chance.

Regards
    No problem Hendrickp :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.