Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton wood

Options
  • 07-02-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone

I'm new to Boards.ie. I am interested in the 5 bedroom in carton wood but there are no viewing opportunities left to view them. Would any of you kind people allow myself and my husband in to see your built home? I'll bring wine, chocolate and flowers!

Thanks

Tricia

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is also a thread in Accomodation about this estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Hi everyone

I'm new to Boards.ie. I am interested in the 5 bedroom in carton wood but there are no viewing opportunities left to view them. Would any of you kind people allow myself and my husband in to see your built home? I'll bring wine, chocolate and flowers!

Thanks

Tricia

They must not be having a hard time selling them if they wont accommodate a viewing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laura321

Hi all
    I have purchased a 3 bed semi-d in new phase and am considering making a doorway between living room and dining area to make it more open plan. It is a load bearing wall but is still doable apparently. Just wondering has anyone had this done and how did you find it? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

might be better going to a construction thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Triciadumgret

Moonbeam wrote: »
    There is also a thread in Accomodation about this estate.

Thanks I posed there too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Triciadumgret

GavMan wrote: »
    They must not be having a hard time selling them if they wont accommodate a viewing...

Yes think the current phase is nearly sold and they are releasing a new phase in March. We can get a walk around on the construction site but not the finished product!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

They update their open days on daft.ie... Generally on Saturdays and Sundays for 2 or 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laura321

Hi there
    Has anyone knocked through the load bearing wall between living room and dining area in the 3 bed semis? Just looking to see if it's possible
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Laura321 wrote: »
    Hi there
    Has anyone knocked through the load bearing wall between living room and dining area in the 3 bed semis? Just looking to see if it's possible
    Many thanks

I can't speak specifically to these house but it should be possible once you reinforce the frame with an RSJ to support the weight down to ground.

Similar to 55319273-an-rsj-sitting-in-place-on-a-concrete-pad-taking-the-weight-of-a-load-bearing-wall.jpg

Advertisement