Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to EIR

• 07-02-2019 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking of switching my homephone and broadband from virgin media to EIR. Is it possible to port my landline from virgin media to EIR?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

drayer wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am thinking of switching my homephone and broadband from virgin media to EIR. Is it possible to port my landline from virgin media to EIR?

Thanks.
    Suggest looking for a different company. suggest ringing 1901 and timing how long to get an eir representative on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Based on my experience with Eir I would strongly advise you to stay a million miles away from them. They are without any exaggeration the worst company I have ever dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Giveaway wrote: »
    Suggest looking for a different company. suggest ringing 1901 and timing how long to get an eir representative on the phone.

You get a rep on the phone pretty much instantly for sales. So typical.
    I actually swtiched from Virgin but I didn't ask to port my number. I have had zero issues with Eir since joining BUT,if you do, its an absolute nightmare.
    I've to get an internet connection in another premises. I was considering Eir as I haven't had any issues with the connection I currently have, but I'm going to put it down to luck and go with a different provider as the number of complaints on this forum is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

They can sell you something they can't deliver in minutes, the problem is if you ever have an issue then it takes hours, days or even months to resolve. Avoid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Don’t do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Solicit a PM from me :):):):) and I'll tell you where I moved to.

It's a provider you are talking to within a minute of calling and I can understand what they're saying!!

It's a provider whom I emailed the other day at 13:35 and received a reply at 14:25.

It's a provider with which the changeover went totally seemlessly, in stark contrast to the change over to eircon just over a year ago.

Being away from eircon is bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

@Drayer - read this and then decide whether to go with eircon or not....

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057943271

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Purplej

Don’t - just don’t LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

Purplej wrote: »
    Don’t - just don’t LOL

DO NOT DO IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

drayer wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi drayer, 

Thanks for taking an interest in joining our network. 

Yes it is possible to port your number from virgin to eir

Details of all our plans can be found here

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Run,

run for the hills,

unless you are a serious masochist.

Thank the lord you have asked for ye shall be spared!

Advertisement