Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Electrical repair

• 07-02-2019 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Folks. I am looking for someone to do an emergency repair on my car. The windscreen wipers are gone today. It appears to be an electrical fault. I brought it to my normal mechanic and he said its not something he can do. He recommended I take it to O'Shea's auto electrical on the dock road. I took it there and to a couple of garages today. They all said with how busy they are it would take 2-3 days before they could look at it.

Can anyone recommend someone who could get this sorted asap.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hi Folks. I am looking for someone to do an emergency repair on my car. The windscreen wipers are gone today. It appears to be an electrical fault. I brought it to my normal mechanic and he said its not something he can do. He recommended I take it to O'Shea's auto electrical on the dock road. I took it there and to a couple of garages today. They all said with how busy they are it would take 2-3 days before they could look at it.

Can anyone recommend someone who could get this sorted asap.

Cheers

Try Christy Madden in the industrial estate behind EZ living on the ballysimon road.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Have you checked the fuse? Could be something as simple as that.

A temporary solution is to get some Rain-X and apply it to the windscreen. It is hydrophobic and the rain will bean and run off vastly improving visibility. I find if I've Rain-X on I dont need wipers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

There's a lad called Roman. Dock road bus park, I think. Behind or near an post? Few lads have used him.

Meant to be a genius... (085) 737 8018

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Is there someone still in Des Fitzgeralds up past the markets field. I remember going up with my Dad years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

O shea auto electics...in the same place as mid west tyres on the dock road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

There's a guy just behind the shamrock Chinese restaurant on the Ennis road where the car valetors used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Sully777 wrote:
    Is there someone still in Des Fitzgeralds up past the markets field. I remember going up with my Dad years ago?

That's Des Kennedy, the former Limerick footballer. I heard he has recently retired from the auto electric trade.

Advertisement