Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Cancelled - Still Receiving Bills

• 07-02-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]So, I had a year contract broadband contract ending in October 2018. In July 2018 I moved houses, I contacted Eir to cancel the contract and was told in store that I would have to pay a contract termination fee and that it would be cheaper for me to pay until the end of the contract. Fair enough, I thought. I was told that before the last payment I should ring and cancel services, which I did. I was told by the representative on the phone that the account was cancelled and I should receive one final bill and that would be it.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Following this, I did indeed receive a bill and I paid it thinking that was it all done.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]How wrong was I, the following month I received a bill for 70+ euros. I went to an Eir store and was told that THIS was the final bill. Right, annoying but whatever. Paid it off. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Next month, December, I receive a bill for 10 euros, which I did not pay as I had already cancelled direct debit since I was assured that the account was cancelled and that I owed nothing. Initially I did attempt to pay this bill over the automated phone service. However, my account details were not recognised so I was literally unable to pay this over the phone. Also at this time I couldn't even login to my Eir account online as the login details were no longer valid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]January came and I got a bill for 28 euros. I went the Eir store again and they told me that this bill was the previous bill and a late charge. So I now was being charged a late fee on a bill I shouldn't have even received. Even the store representative couldn't login to my Eir account in store to check my details, why ? Well the account didn't exist of course!! I was informed in-store that I should pay this last 28 and that'll be it for good. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I was getting desperate now to be rid of this. So of course I paid this 'final' 28 euros. I couldn't pay over the automated phone service, so I paid directly to a representative on the 25th of January and I was told explicitly that the account was absolutely cancelled and I should expect a bill of 0.00 to arrive.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Well guess what I got today, a new bill with an amount of 18€. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am absolutely infuriated at the level of incompetence shown to me at every stage of this process. For whatever reason it seems Eir don't communicate anything internally between departments[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I absolutely will not be paying this 18€.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can not login to Eir as my account details are no longer valid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have been told multiple times that 'this bill is the last bill's[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I want this over with, I do not ever want to receive an email from Eir again, as this experience has certainly put me off being an Eir customer for life. I absolutely refuse to pay this company any more money and any more bills received will be ignored categorically, especially since I cant even get a breakdown of what these bills are for. I have already made a number of complaints, of course none were responded too, I will be complaining to COMREG over this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Absolute joke of a company, stay away.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Penney226 wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]So, I had a year contract broadband contract ending in October 2018. In July 2018 I moved houses, I contacted Eir to cancel the contract and was told in store that I would have to pay a contract termination fee and that it would be cheaper for me to pay until the end of the contract. Fair enough, I thought. I was told that before the last payment I should ring and cancel services, which I did. I was told by the representative on the phone that the account was cancelled and I should receive one final bill and that would be it.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Following this, I did indeed receive a bill and I paid it thinking that was it all done.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]How wrong was I, the following month I received a bill for 70+ euros. I went to an Eir store and was told that THIS was the final bill. Right, annoying but whatever. Paid it off. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Next month, December, I receive a bill for 10 euros, which I did not pay as I had already cancelled direct debit since I was assured that the account was cancelled and that I owed nothing. Initially I did attempt to pay this bill over the automated phone service. However, my account details were not recognised so I was literally unable to pay this over the phone. Also at this time I couldn't even login to my Eir account online as the login details were no longer valid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]January came and I got a bill for 28 euros. I went the Eir store again and they told me that this bill was the previous bill and a late charge. So I now was being charged a late fee on a bill I shouldn't have even received. Even the store representative couldn't login to my Eir account in store to check my details, why ? Well the account didn't exist of course!! I was informed in-store that I should pay this last 28 and that'll be it for good. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I was getting desperate now to be rid of this. So of course I paid this 'final' 28 euros. I couldn't pay over the automated phone service, so I paid directly to a representative on the 25th of January and I was told explicitly that the account was absolutely cancelled and I should expect a bill of 0.00 to arrive.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Well guess what I got today, a new bill with an amount of 18€. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am absolutely infuriated at the level of incompetence shown to me at every stage of this process. For whatever reason it seems Eir don't communicate anything internally between departments[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can not login to Eir as my account details are no longer valid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have been told multiple times that 'this bill is the last bill's[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I want this over with, I do not ever want to receive an email from Eir again, as this experience has certainly put me off being an Eir customer for life. I absolutely refuse to pay this company any more money and any more bills received will be ignored categorically, especially since I cant even get a breakdown of what these bills are for. I have already made a number of complaints, of course none were responded too, I will be complaining to COMREG over this. [/font]
    immediately log a complaint demanding full refund of every charge applied after the date you cancelled including the 70+euro bill, and request a complaint number. I would cc all emails sent to comreg. Comreg will demand you have exhausted eirs complaint service before acting. Do not log the complaint using the eir websites email form as you will not have a copy or proof of sending.
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057953470 The preceding boards thread is excellent advice and as the direct email address in it. If eircom do not give a complaint number still escalate to comreg stating that eir have not issued the complaint number.
    my expectation is you will then get reply from eir, in writing(via email) apologising and promising refunds. getting the refund via eir preferred method won;t work so just forward it to comreg again if no payment 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

Penney226 wrote: »
    Hi there Penney226,

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had.

If you could PM me with your following account details:

1. Account number
    2. Account Name
    3. Can you confirm if you're the account holder?
    4. Address
    5. Date of birth

Once I have these, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

~ Nicole

Advertisement