Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for Shed alarm

Options
  • 07-02-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

I just want to use a Sonoff PIR and Sonoff RF bridge to alert me if somebody is in the shed. I was going to get the alarm to turn on a light or lights inside the house. Does anybody know of some sort of buzzer that could plug into a Sonoff smart pug that might sound for say 20/30 seconds and then turn off until activated again by the PIR/Bridge alarm? Could I get a Sonoff socket to turn off after a period of time after an alarm (i.e. reset itself off). Like a loop timer? Or any other suggestion?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Perhaps something like the following, hooked up to a 12V AC-DC adapter plugged into your Sonoff plug:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E9P0G5K

Another cheap option would be a Xiaomi Bridge/Siren and some Xiaomi motion sensors and door sensors of the garage.

There are also other cheap alarm systems on Amazon that might do what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Get an indoor yi camera too. You can seee them and the night vision is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks folks: I was hoping for an indoor buzzer (not a siren that would blast me out of bed :D:D :eek:) which I could have in the bedroom for example. I have cameras on 24-hr continuous record at the moment. I just want something to alert me if the shed door is opened partcularly at night.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

wait4me wrote: »
    Thanks folks: I was hoping for an indoor buzzer (not a siren that would blast me out of bed :D:D :eek:) which I could have in the bedroom for example. I have cameras on 24-hr continuous record at the moment. I just want something to alert me if the shed door is opened partcularly at night.

Haha, then the Xiaomi bridge and sensors is worth checking out. You can adjust the volume and what noise gets played on that when the sensor is triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I have a Sonoff Bridge, Sonoff PIR and Sonoff wireless door sensor. I'll mess around over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

This guy uses 433mhz like the Sonoff PIR, sensors and gateway so can be interlinked:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c9h1brgG

Advertisement