Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Customer Service is a Shambles

• 07-02-2019 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have no landline since January 11th.  With over 70 calls made and cant get to talk to anyone right or kept being put on hold and then knocked off.  I am an eir customer for 20 years and never faltered with my bill.  This is some way to look after customers.  Why cant I get some one to call me when I log a complaint??? I need to get my landline working.  What a disgraceful company!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

concat1 wrote: »
    I have no landline since January 11th.  With over 70 calls made and cant get to talk to anyone right or kept being put on hold and then knocked off.  I am an eir customer for 20 years and never faltered with my bill.  This is some way to look after customers.  Why cant I get some one to call me when I log a complaint??? I need to get my landline working.  What a disgraceful company!!!!!!!
    Suspect its more profitable to ignore/complaints or issues rather than deal with them appropriately. I expect most customers give up

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Purplej

Unfortunately you need to log a complaint with Comreg to get any action out of Eir right now.
    Whoever in their management team signed off on this insourcing is very inexperienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

I agree, its sh1t and i think it could be a big mistake for eir down the line( no pun intended), it's very frustrating when you use up your whole break waiting on hold and then you have to hang up because they still haven't sorted your issue.
    Tactical on there behalf I'd say😠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Go nuts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I feel sorry for the good people working for Eir. They are fighting a losing battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It's nothing to do with ignoring complaints. They are in a transition as well as a huge voluntary redundancy excercise. A massively mis-managed transition and redundancy. They are in the process of migrating their call center from Dublin / India to Sligo, I think. I've been trying for over a week to chase updates on multiple orders. I finally got through, the person apologised and said that there were only 5 of them on shift, with calls on hold up the ying yang, and they were in the process of being shut down.

Whoever is managing this transition isn't worth the sweat off my pi$$. Yes, eir will recover. This will be forgotten about a few weeks after the transition is complete. But they should have kept their existing call center until the new one was up and running. Not just shut it down and hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Wouldn't touch them if they gave it to me for free. Vote with your pocket and leave. Pleanty of options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 concat1

Giveaway wrote: »
    Suspect its more profitable to ignore/complaints or issues rather than deal with them appropriately. I expect most customers give up
    Believe you me I'd love to give up but I need my phone, I'm alone and feel so isolated without it and its my contact for family and friends far away.  I'm near breakdown now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

OP - Yes - https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057950712

Also see sticky post - Still relevant today - https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057916504/11

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Kiwi John

Giveaway wrote: »
    Believe you me I'd love to give up but I need my phone, I'm alone and feel so isolated without it and its my contact for family and friends far away.  I'm near breakdown now.
    I feel your pain. It is not just some one off call centre transition they have been a complete shambles for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

RangeR wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with ignoring complaints. They are in a transition as well as a huge voluntary redundancy excercise. A massively mis-managed transition and redundancy. They are in the process of migrating their call center from Dublin / India to Sligo, I think. I've been trying for over a week to chase updates on multiple orders. I finally got through, the person apologised and said that there were only 5 of them on shift, with calls on hold up the ying yang, and they were in the process of being shut down.

Whoever is managing this transition isn't worth the sweat off my pi$$. Yes, eir will recover. This will be forgotten about a few weeks after the transition is complete. But they should have kept their existing call center until the new one was up and running. Not just shut it down and hope for the best.
    How long have they been in transition for?  I've been having these kinds of issues for at least 7 months now.  I had an entire thread running from late October to early December about it.  My issue still hasn't been resolved, nor has anyone bothered to make contact with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The shambles started when it was privatised in 1999,at least the current owner appears to be keeping things in house and cutting out the ridiculous outsourcing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi concat1, 

I have responded to your PM. 

As soon as I get the information I will escalate this. 

Grainne

Advertisement