Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFTTT & Stringify help

Options
  • 08-02-2019 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I'm not overly familiar with either app yet but I've had a play around with them but so far I'm unable to get the result I'm looking for.
    The result I'm after is turning on a PIR led spotlight using voice via Google Home.
    The spotlight is plugged in to a Teckin smart plug and linked with smartlife app. (smartlife works with IFTTT but not Stringify) As the plug is in an always on state, I need to turn it off and turn it on in order to turn the light on. The action should be something like "hey Google, light it up" > turn off plug > turn on plug. Should be simple, but I'm struggling. IFTTT only allows one That and Stringify doesn't see the smart plug, which is why I'm thinking it's going to take both apps to complete.
    Is there a simple solution to this?

I'd also be curious to hear about any custom flows and applets you've put to use from IFTTT and/or Stringify

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Stringify supports IFTTT, so even if the plug isn't directly supported in Stringify, you can still control it indirectly using IFTTT.

So in IFTTT you first set up two actions:
    - Turn on plug
    - Turn off plug

Then in stringify, you connect Stringify with your IFTTT account and then create a new routine in Stringify that goes something like:
    - Turn off plug, by calling the "turn off plug" command in IFTTT
    - (maybe set a timer to wait a few seconds, you might need to play around with this).
    - Turn on plug, by calling the "turn on plug" command in IFTTT

Oh and you will want to link your Stringify account with Google Assistant so you can call the routine from GH then.

Probably best to test each of these steps as you put it all together.

Advertisement