Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third party extension

Options
  • 08-02-2019 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Have heard many different answers to this question, but does a car have to have NCT and tax or just NCT to be covered under the third party extension when it is included on my policy.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

CSween133 wrote: »
    Have heard many different answers to this question, but does a car have to have NCT and tax or just NCT to be covered under the third party extension when it is included on my policy.
    Hi CSween133

If you purchased or renewed your policy with us after the 9 May 2018 the car would have to hold a valid NCT and be in a roadworthy condition. Further terms and conditions do apply for this cover. You can find these in full in your policy booklet. You can view your policy booklet by following the below link.

Seán

https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/manage-my-policy/policy-documents/ 

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CSween133

Mine was renewed before that. I gather the car needs a valid NCT which is grand but does it also need tax too to be covered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mine was renewed before that. I gather the car needs a valid NCT which is grand but does it also need tax too to be covered ?
    Check the terms of insurance that you purchased.
    Comments from reps or CS agents are worthless on this, what matters is the terms written on your insurance certificate, and the terms in the policy. In the relevant schedule of cover there must be a disclaimer following the provision allowing you to drive under third party extension if they want to disbar any other cover under that schedule.

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

Hi CSween133

When diving under your Third Party Extension the vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition, hold a valid NCT and have a valid policy of insurance elsewhere.

Regards 

Mary 

Advertisement