Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interested in 6/7 aside soccer ucd 8pm tuesdays?

Options
  • 08-02-2019 12:44pm

we run a game in UCD on the bigger hockey pitch 1/4 size (non-box) pitches on Tuesdays at 8pm (1hour). it's long-running game

due to a couple of retirements we have a couple of free spots and are looking to get a few new players for the squad. pitch can accomodate anything from a 5 aside game to 8 aside so it's good to have a squad as not everyone will make it every week due to hols etc but the pitch size allows good flexibility on this.

the profile of players is mid 30s to late 40's but anyone with basic fitness 20's to early 50's welcome!

it's friendly competitive (but competitive) and the idea is to look to pick a balanced team week for a fun game. the level as I said is friendly competitive - range of skills is from ok/odd bad pass! to decent but it's fun.

we use the teamer app for notifications for indicating if can play or not each week

it's a 6 month cycle of payments to ucd (each sept and april)

and it's now about 100 euro approx for 6 months (so 4€ a week ave) -> this depends on the total squad numbers signed up obv

so the next cycle to pay would be March (pay in advance) but if anyone wants to come along for a few free games first in advance of that to see if you'd be interested in signing up longer-term please reply and let me know -> either pm or reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I take it it's not mixed? Thanks :-)

it's an all male game yes.

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Pity its not a mixed... You might have better luck finding participants...

Moving2017 wrote: »
    Pity its not a mixed... You might have better luck finding participants...

Have a squad of 18 so no worries on that front.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    Have a squad of 18 so no worries on that front.

Well then... you didn't really need new members at all... :)

Well then... you didn't really need new members at all... :)

Got two from here.

7-aside is preferable on that pitch and not all can make it 100% every week due to random stuff that pops up so you need more in the squad than you need to play a game with.

Got two from here.

7-aside is preferable on that pitch and not all can make it 100% every week due to random stuff that pops up so you need more in the squad than you need to play a game with.

I'm well aware how 7 a-side works thank you very much...

I was merely pointing out that the only two direct comments on the thread were interested in a mixed league... which had this been would have achieved you even more success...

Good luck with the endeavour...

I'm well aware how 7 a-side works thank you very much...

I was merely pointing out that the only two direct comments on the thread were interested in a mixed league... which had this been would have achieved you even more success...

Good luck with the endeavour...

Tag rugby or softball is where that works better.

Tag rugby or softball is where that works better.

I know many a woman that is well able to both hold there own and get the betterment of men on a football pitch in mixed leagues...

In fact I know of one mostly women's team that won a local astro league.... Perhaps it doesn't suit your game but it doesn't mean it doesn't work!

• Advertisement

I know many a woman that is well able to both hold there own and get the betterment of men on a football pitch in mixed leagues...

In fact I know of one mostly women's team that won a local astro league.... Perhaps it doesn't suit your game but it doesn't mean it doesn't work!

I've no doubt that there are some good female players oot there but many guys have no interest in playing a game which can be physical and second guessing in advance how exactly to approach a challenge for a ball where your opponent is female.

I've no doubt that there are some good female players oot there but many guys have no interest in playing a game which can be physical and second guessing in advance how exactly to approach a challenge for a ball where your opponent is female.

We'll have to agree to disagree... its the same game no matter what gender you are...

Games I've played (both mixed and ladies only) have been just as physical if not more so than those which my male friends have played... but maybe the teams I've played in/against are different from those who think that as a female I would be afraid of a physical game!

As I said previously good luck with the games!

I think that you're being a bit one-eyed if you don't think that that's an issue.

what next - mixed rugby?

I think that you're being a bit one-eyed if you don't think that that's an issue.

what next - mixed rugby?

I give up!

Advertisement