Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee gigs

Options
  • 08-02-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

Something 'BIG' is being announced on Monday @ 9am

There are clues on the Aiken Promotions Instagram video, I can't figure it out.

It's synth music (don't know the song)

'One day' seems to be a clue

Red and Black background.

Who is it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd love something out of the blue but I'd say it will be someone like picture this

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Something 'BIG' is being announced on Monday @ 9am

There are clues on the Aiken Promotions Instagram video, I can't figure it out.

It's synth music (don't know the song)

'One day' seems to be a clue

Red and Black background.

Who is it?

The song is Ocean drive by Duke Dumont. Its a one day dance music festival per the instagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'd love something out of the blue but I'd say it will be someone like picture this

Yep could well be,

Sounds dark synth in the same vein as like Gary Numan, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, Nine Inch Nails.

swarmberg wrote: »
    The song is Ocean drive by Duke Dumont. Its a one day dance music festival per the instagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Sounds dark synth in the same vein as like Gary Numan, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, Nine Inch Nails.

Asking a bit much there :p

• Advertisement

swarmberg wrote: »
    Asking a bit much there :p

I'm just saying it sounds similar. Don't reckon any of these bands would play. ;)

I'm sure Pet Shop and Gary Numan have passed through the Marquee though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

That would mean from my back garden this summer I will be able to hear Picture Walking On The Coronas. All in the same summer.

And to think more people are listening to radio than ever. We're doomed!

Acosta wrote: »
    That would mean from my back garden this summer I will be able to hear Picture Walking On The Coronas. All in the same summer.

And to think more people are listening to radio than ever. We're doomed!

Out of the current lineup who are you looking forward to hear from your back garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Out of the current lineup who are you looking forward to hear from your back garden?

A couple of Toto tunes and then earplugs back in is my guess :D

Just looked at the line-up. That's a bit like asking who was the nicest Nazi. Bloody Jenny Greene and Nathan Carter too lol.

I'm going to have to move to West Cork for the summer. Or invest in some high performance ear plugs.

• Advertisement

Acosta wrote: »
    Just looked at the line-up. That's a bit like asking who was the nicest Nazi. Bloody Jenny Greene and Nathan Carter too lol.

I'm going to have to move to West Cork for the summer. Or invest in some high performance ear plugs.

:D Tash Sultana could be good.

Pretty lean lineup this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

:D Tash Sultana could be good.

Pretty lean lineup this year.

Its atrocious.
    Aiken seems to have lost the plot completely .
    There are plenty of good bands he could easily fill the Marquee with and make a decent profit yet he seems intent on trying to fill it with absolute garbage acts that wouldnt look out of place in the Opera house.

Its atrocious.
    There are plenty of good bands he could easily fill the Marquee with and make a decent profit yet he seems intent on trying to fill it with absolute garbage acts that wouldnt look out of place in the Opera house.

The Opera House is only interested in the under 12/over 60 market and generally doesn't cater for any age group in-between when it comes to music. It's no surprise they nearly went bust a few years back. It's a shame too as they have a class PA in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Its atrocious.

I said something similar is the Irish gigs thread a few months back and was castigated. Whoever books the marquee gigs should be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Rubbish lineup again, but it always is. In the last 10 years, the only acts that seemed out of the ordinary (not even necessarily good, just a bit different) were Beck, Kraftwerk, Pixies, Foals, Justice and the Slayer/Anthrax double bill. The marquee is for tweens and OAPs now. Such a waste of a great opportunity, but thats where the money is unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Was at Beck, fantastic. Neil Young and Crazy Horse were exceptional as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Rubbish lineup again, but it always is. In the last 10 years, the only acts that seemed out of the ordinary (not even necessarily good, just a bit different) were Beck, Kraftwerk, Pixies, Foals, Justice and the Slayer/Anthrax double bill. The marquee is for tweens and OAPs now. Such a waste of a great opportunity, but thats where the money is unfortunately.

But there is usually something that interests me. Neil Young,( has played twice) Roger Waters, Damien Rice, BellX1, Kraftwerk, Fleet Foxes, and the National, were all great gigs there. I don’t care about the 20events annually that are on there, that i have no interest in, it doesent bother me like it seems to with many people, they have to cater for all tastes, and on several occasions, they have catered for mine.

ONE DAY FESTIVAL

Gorgon City
    Sonny Fodera
    Duke Dumont

more to be added

22nd June,
    35euro +

ONE DAY FESTIVAL

Gorgon City
    Sonny Fodera
    Duke Dumont

more to be added

22nd June,
    35euro +

The only good thing I can say about this is that at least it's not picture this

• Registered Users Posts: 86,563 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ONE DAY FESTIVAL

Gorgon City
    Sonny Fodera
    Duke Dumont

more to be added

22nd June,
    35euro +

David Guetta or Calvin Harris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »