Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade-in

Options
  • 08-02-2019 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello. Sorry if my thread is in the wrong category. I’m interested in trading-in 6S Plus with 64 GB (ideal condition). Does anybody know where in Dublin can I do this and how much can I get for this phone?

I saw Vodafone offers trade-in options.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Maybe try a CEX store. They will give you cash or store credit for another second hand phone if you want. Google them, they have a site so it’ll give you an idea.
    Adverts is another site for selling / swapping etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sell it on www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JokerPower

So basically you don't recommend trade-in

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Trade it in for what? Another phone?

The best value you'll get is by selling it privately and buying whatever after that.

Apple also offer trade in:
    https://www.apple.com/ie/trade-in/

Again, poor value compared to private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Definitely try to sell it via adverts rather than trade in.

Whether it's Apple themselves or from some shop you get a trade in, they will be factoring in a profit margin, so they can't possibly give you anywhere near as good a price as you may get by selling your phone directly to its next owner.

If your device is in good condition you should be able to recoup a good bit of value, and someone else might be delighted with it, while the buyer may also get it for a bit less from you than if they bought it from some "refurbishment" shop seller.

That was the case for me anyway last year when I bought a pristine iPhone 7 off a private seller via adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

duridian wrote: »
    That was the case for me anyway last year when I bought a pristine iPhone 7 off a private seller via adverts.
    That was also the case for me when I sold a pristine iPhone 7 to someone on Adverts!

Advertisement