Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RideLondon 2019

Options
  • 08-02-2019 4:54pm

Got a place for this year's cycle, in 2 minds if I will do it, mainly due to the cost.
    Anyone else doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Did it in 2017, the good parts, very well organised, great encouragement from the locals, especially Kingston in to the finish, nice cycling through London and finishing on the Mall, pretty spectacular finish. The bad parts, kinda boring outside the above, the climbs aren't anything special and you've to keep alert with 24000 others on the road.
    Would I do it again, probably not, I'd spend the money on the Etape or something else in France or here instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

dursey wrote: »
    Got a place for this year's cycle, in 2 minds if I will do it, mainly due to the cost.
    Anyone else doing it?

With London, its the cost of staying there that bites most, in my opinion.....:eek:
    Never done RL, but a mate did; and has a similar opinion to@2wheelsgood

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I did it last year and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, despite the weather being ****. I have a place for this year and would be going back only it clashes with my brothers wedding, so I am deferring the place till next year.

Advertisement