Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vsware parental sharing

Options
  • 08-02-2019 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

A discussion is ongoing in my school about giving parents remote access to their child's vsware profile so they can see entries on behaviour, etc.

Just wondering if anyone here is in a school that already does this and if they would mind sharing their thoughts on it. Or indeed anybody's thoughts on it, whether it's done in your school or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

It's done in our school. Parents have access to all reports and now none are sent out to parents. Works fine for me. Powers that be in the school have become sticklers for grammar now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

It's done in our school. Parents have access to all reports and now none are sent out to parents. Works fine for me. Powers that be in the school have become sticklers for grammar now though.

Thanks for that. When you say reports, do you mean just exam results and term reports or can parents also view entries on behaviour/discipline?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The only issue with it is ensuring all teachers do it otherwise one teacher looks like a complainer and little Johnny is fine in every other class. But once practice is established, it's a good system.

TheDriver wrote: »
    The only issue with it is ensuring all teachers do it otherwise one teacher looks like a complainer and little Johnny is fine in every other class. But once practice is established, it's a good system.

Thanks TheDriver. That's the type of pointers I'm looking for.
    So with the system in your school parents can log on at any time and check what little Johnny has been up to or if he hasn't had his homework done for a class, etc?

Is there a system in any school whereby parents receive a text alert/email when a new entry is logged for their child?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Parent's can log in and view their child's profile in my school but they don't get any text alerts. To be honest I think that would be bringing misery on ourselves.

• Advertisement

Parent's can log in and view their child's profile in my school but they don't get any text alerts. To be honest I think that would be bringing misery on ourselves.

Yes I agree with you, leaving it to the parents to check in on their child's profile is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

We implemented it last year in our school. It's going very well. Both parents and staff are pleased with it... The students not so much ðŸ˜. The only problem is ensuring all staff keep the comments factual and not personal opinion.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    We implemented it last year in our school. It's going very well. Both parents and staff are pleased with it... The students not so much ðŸ˜. The only problem is ensuring all staff keep the comments factual and not personal opinion.

Thanks Qwerty. Glad to hear it's going well as it's being given serious consideration in my school. I've got the task of doing some research on it and finding out how well it works in schools that implement it, so I appreciate any feedback such as yours.
    I would also be grateful to anyone else who would like to offer an opinion on it.

Are you using VSware for behaviour already? And reports? I opened up both at the same time. We have no reports being posted home anymore. Great cost and time savings there. We are now going with the online payments via VSware.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Are you using VSware for behaviour already? And reports? I opened up both at the same time. We have no reports being posted home anymore. Great cost and time savings there. We are now going with the online payments via VSware.

Yes, Vsware is already in use for everything within school but so far only term reports have been shared with parents. So now consideration is being given to opening up the whole profile to parents.

• Advertisement

Yes, Vsware is already in use for everything within school but so far only term reports have been shared with parents. So now consideration is being given to opening up the whole profile to parents.

No harm in a trial so.

Advertisement