Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great customer service

• 08-02-2019 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭

I know this will have many of you scratching your heads but i have to compliment the eir web chat service today. I couldnt access eirport live last Saturday for a GAA game i wanted to see. It was telling me i had used my monthly swaps etc which was bs but anyway was too late to be arsed contatcing them. Excuse to go the pub and all that. So i was ready today for a marathon session online/phone and had all my relevant details etc ready at hand so i went on webchat, usual frustrating how are you, having a nice day, mayo for sam etc blah blah blah etc and ill pass you on to our technicial team. Well to their credit they were brillaint, i explained my case, ie i hadnt used any of my monthly swaps and within a few minutes the rep told me she had made another swap available, try it out,i did, and it worked so well done EIR.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

I know this will have many of you scratching your heads but i have to compliment the eir web chat service today. I couldnt access eirport live last Saturday for a GAA game i wanted to see. It was telling me i had used my monthly swaps etc which was bs but anyway was too late to be arsed contatcing them. Excuse to go the pub and all that. So i was ready today for a marathon session online/phone and had all my relevant details etc ready at hand so i went on webchat, usual frustrating how are you, having a nice day, mayo for sam etc blah blah blah etc and ill pass you on to our technicial team. Well to their credit they were brillaint, i explained my case, ie i hadnt used any of my monthly swaps and within a few minutes the rep told me she had made another swap available, try it out,i did, and it worked so well done EIR.
    Hi there Coillte_Bhoy.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here, and thank you for your positive feedback.

I will forward this over to our web chat team.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

If I pm you my details will you phone and cancel my account cause I cant get hold of anyone.

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi there Coillte_Bhoy.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here, and thank you for your positive feedback.

I will forward this over to our web chat team.
    -Ahren
    How come you have time to reply to a post praising customer service but there are a thousand posts from people who cant get basic service that aren't even acknowledged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

If I pm you my details will you phone and cancel my account cause I cant get hold of anyone.
    Hi Duff Man Jr.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to schedule a callback or cancel the account through this channel, the only department that will be able to assist with this is our Cancellation Team on 1901/1905(freephone) or 1800 283 099. Please bear in mind that cancellation notifications should always be verbal & can't be canceled via email, texts. 

Alternatively, you may also look at our help and support page here: where we’ve outlined how you can cancel your eir services including notice periods and associated charges.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi Duff Man Jr.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to schedule a callback or cancel the account through this channel, the only department that will be able to assist with this is our Cancellation Team on 1901/1905(freephone) or 1800 283 099. Please bear in mind that cancellation notifications should always be verbal & can't be canceled via email, texts. 

Alternatively, you may also look at our help and support page here: where we’ve outlined how you can cancel your eir services including notice periods and associated charges.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    I meant to pm the op since he got an answer, I have been tying to phone 1901 since Monday last week. Also I was being sarcastic. However my other post was 100%  serious..............

• Advertisement
Advertisement