Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights

Options
  • 09-02-2019 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi I have a led sensor light outside my house and a fluorescent light in a shed both stopped working round the same time there was frost has anybody idea’s what I could do to get them going again the fluorescent light will come for ten ministers or so and go off again I checked for loose connections in both lights could someone let me know what else I could try out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭greasepalm

How old is fluorescent tube as maybe its worn out and replace starter also.Might both lights be on the same trip switch as not fully clicked off but worth trying if you have a wiring diagram of your trip switches you will know which one to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Driver2016

greasepalm wrote: »
    How old is fluorescent tube as maybe its worn out and replace starter also.Might both lights be on the same trip switch as not fully clicked off but worth trying if you have a wiring diagram of your trip switches you will know which one to check.

Hi the tubes light up but they will go off after ten ministers or so there isn’t any starter on it and there on separate circuits could the frost have damaged them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Might it be a little too sensitive for ten ministers seeing only 8 were present?

I would not have thought a frost would or could damage an led sensor light as they have to be built to work in outdoor conditions.One of mine went dull after many years and had to be replaced.Water ingress to any unit could do damage if seal had shrunk or fallen out.
    Are you sure they are fluorescent tubes as all mine in work have starters and in a cold place when it hit -15 years ago and still work.
    Are they indoor tubes or outdoor in a sealed case.

NSAman wrote: »
    Might it be a little too sensitive for ten ministers seeing only 8 were present?

Lol

• Advertisement

I would not have thought a frost would or could damage an led sensor light as they have to be built to work in outdoor conditions.One of mine went dull after many years and had to be replaced.Water ingress to any unit could do damage if seal had shrunk or fallen out.
    Are you sure they are fluorescent tubes as all mine in work have starters and in a cold place when it hit -15 years ago and still work.
    Are they indoor tubes or outdoor in a sealed case.

Your right I have the led sensor light 5years now
    The fluorescent light about two years all I could see was the ballast when I opened up the case my other fluorescent light have starters but for some reason there not in this one

That is exactly what’s happening to mine it dosnt sound like a cheap fix though I’ll take the ballast off and price them anyways thanks so much for your help I appreciate it greasepalm

Advertisement