Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a Raised Bed?

Options
  • 09-02-2019 2:00am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm putting together a few raised beds to try growing some veggies in and I'm wondering what the general consensus is on painting or staining them?

I did a bit of Googling and there's so many differing opinions on what's safe for growing food, I'm no wiser as to what to do.

I was watching some of the GIY videos on YouTube and noticed the beds at their Grow HQ are painted purple.

I'm not overly concerned with them looking fancy but slapping a coat of something that would help preserve them a year or two extra would be nice.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Personally, and I don't know much about it, I'd treat them like a shed.

Advertisement