Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masonry Barbeque

Options
  • 09-02-2019 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

@MODs, feel free to move elsewhere if more appropriate.

Need a new Barbeque for my small garden, and was looking at these masonry continental ones (my family is using similar at home)

https://www.buschbeck.ie/products/rondo-brown.332.html

Question is ... anyone using similar in irish weather - would they recommend them or not ?

- Try to see what to expect if I go this path, after reading in the description of the product above "Buschbeck being the only brand of masonry barbecue to achieve the very stringent German TUV/GS safety standard your Rondo barbecue will last for many years to come. The life expectancy of these barbecue fireplaces is very difficult to express but in Europe where Buschbeck barbecues are widely distributed it is not unusual to see ones that are in excess of 20 years old!"

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

If your family have Bushbeck BBQs you'll know what to expect size wise, a couple of people I know were a bit disappointed with how small they were.
    A friend has one and loves it.

I have a masonry one out the back too, not a Bushbeck. No idea how old it is as it was in the house when we moved in, but it's less than ten years anyways. It's grand, don't pay it any thought to be honest. Nothing to be done with them maintenance wise bar the odd clean you'd give anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Roen wrote: »
    If your family have Bushbeck BBQs you'll know what to expect size wise, a couple of people I know were a bit disappointed with how small they were.
    A friend has one and loves it.

I have a masonry one out the back too, not a Bushbeck. No idea how old it is as it was in the house when we moved in, but it's less than ten years anyways. It's grand, don't pay it any thought to be honest. Nothing to be done with them maintenance wise bar the odd clean you'd give anything.
    Thanks. Actually was meaning similar like in masonry - but other suggestions (brands or even DYI) for mansonry BBQs would also be welcome.

- Stumbled on this on natureetdecouvertes.com, then noticed the irish website.

Advertisement