Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on at the roundabout at millerstown in kilcock?

Options
  • 09-02-2019 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats going on at the roundabout at millerstown in kilcock?
    Looks like the canal is being filled in?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

megapixel wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going on at the roundabout at millerstown in kilcock?
    Looks like the canal is being filled in?

Just the attenuation pond. Someone will be along shortly to tell you it's all part of the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Its on the canal side not the housing estate side.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Royal Canal won't be being filled in, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably KCC putting some fcuking traffic lights in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

They did put some signs on the Canal towpath either side of the site a few weeks ago but they all seem to have blown away.

Its works for Ledwill Park to the south of the Canal but i cant remember if it was water/communications related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭djbulldogg1983

lordgoat wrote: »
    Just the attenuation pond. Someone will be along shortly to tell you it's all part of the plan.

I wonder what you will have to say in 20 years time when the water continues to be contained within that green year in year out...
    It’s simple Civil Engineering principles. Not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

There are plans to build a bridge across the canal at some point

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I wonder what you will have to say in 20 years time when the water continues to be contained within that green year in year out...
    It’s simple Civil Engineering principles. Not rocket science.

Probably care as much as I do about it now. I remember your grasp of these simple principles as sketchy at best from the locked thread. Your garbage posts about it are still there as well as the still unanswered questions you continually ignored. Rather than reply tediously to me here ask for the thread to be opened and answer a few of them.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Probably care as much as I do about it now. I remember your grasp of these simple principles as sketchy at best from the locked thread. Your garbage posts about it are still there as well as the still unanswered questions you continually ignored. Rather than reply tediously to me here ask for the thread to be opened and answer a few of them.
    😂😂😂😂 sketchy?? Build houses higher, landscape a big bowl shaped green to the front and install water attenuation tanks below ground.
    Simple Civil Engineering.
    No need to open that thread again, I’m the only person who actually had any evidence and not just going off hearsay. It’s there for public record for anyone who wants to read it while other people were claiming Kilcock is a very dangerous place with regular murders 😂😂🀣

The works that were happening there is the water run off pipe from Ledwill estate into the Rye River. The pipe ran under the canal and into the Rye just past the bridge at Millerstown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement