Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery on Toyota Avensis not charging

Options
  • 09-02-2019 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi

The battery on a 04 Golf was flat as car parked most of the time - so I swapped batteries with a 2012 Avensis. Then I went on a 30k drive with the Avensis and expected the Golf battery to charge - but has not charged. Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi

The battery on a 04 Golf was flat as car parked most of the time - so I swapped batteries with a 2012 Avensis. Then I went on a 30k drive with the Avensis and expected the Golf battery to charge - but has not charged. Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks

The battery voltages? Charging voltages?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

w211 wrote: »
    The battery voltages? Charging voltages?

What do you mean by this comment ? Are the voltages different on avens is do the golf battery will not charge ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Battery is probably dead.
    Once a battery sits for any length of time sulphation will kill it.
    The only way you may get it back is to use a proper charger and see if that can revive it but its doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

It would appear that your battery is knackered and is not accepting a charge, it may so rundown that the alternator is not able to top it up, try a charger on it for a few hours and see will it hold a charge....if not, time to replace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

harry999 wrote: »
    What do you mean by this comment ? Are the voltages different on avens is do the golf battery will not charge ? Thanks

Check the battery voltages when engine are running and when not. It shows to you what is the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title adjusted

Advertisement