Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN and Eir

• 09-02-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, Fiber is finally coming to my door!! I am currently using Imagine broadband and SmartDNS which I have I set up in my router so no need to input in individual devices to access HULU, BBC iPlayer ect.
    My question is, can I do the same with Eir? will they allow me access to the router to input Smart DNS for the whole network or not? it would be a deal breaker for me. 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 andyK11

You have access to the router to change the DNS but after an hour or so the television part will stop working and tell you to change it back. 

If you're using a VPN it will have to be per device .

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aliveireland

andyK11 wrote: »
    You have access to the router to change the DNS but after an hour or so the television part will stop working and tell you to change it back. 

Hey AndyKii, thanks for the reply. Is this your experience or have you seen this somewhere else? because if that was a fact then no Eir for me as I need to be able to change the DNS for my ROKU with subscription for HULU and also for BBC iPlayer on Amazon Fire stick and on NOW TV. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 andyK11

andyK11 wrote: »

Hey AndyKii, thanks for the reply. Is this your experience or have you seen this somewhere else? because if that was a fact then no Eir for me as I need to be able to change the DNS for my ROKU with subscription for HULU and also for BBC iPlayer on Amazon Fire stick and on NOW TV. 
    It is from experience. I usually just connect my VPN on the device I'm using . Honestly though, I wouldn't recommend Eir at all. Their prices are way too high for what you get .

Advertisement