Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB maximum cash in branch?

• 10-02-2019 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Buying a car on Monday and need 5 grand in cash...anyone know what the maximum I can take out in a PTSB branch is? I know the orange machines in the branches give €1500 but can't seem to find out what you can get from an actual cashier. I have 5 grand in my head as the max as I think it was a few years ago but want to be sure they haven't lowered it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

You'll have to ring them and ask, really. Banks seem to not like dealing in cash these days, so it's possible it is lower than it used to be. You might be buying that car on Tuesday instead if you have to call ahead to order the cash 24 hours in advance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

Was in last week needing €6,000. Told I needed to give 24 hrs notice for over €5,000. Highlighlly miffed.... I took the €5000 there and then and came in the next day and took out the €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Thanks all

Masala - I'd say you were fairly freaked. So 5k is the max in branch then? And I assume if you take 5k out in branch you couldn't use an ATM or anything for the rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

Monokne wrote: »
    Thanks all

Masala - I'd say you were fairly freaked. So 5k is the max in branch then? And I assume if you take 5k out in branch you couldn't use an ATM or anything for the rest?

Hi... we don't have a card on thi account. I couldn't believe that there could be such a small limit....

Rather than put in an order... I took pleasure in 'cleaning' ' them out that day. Just came in next day and queued up for my €1000.

Advertisement