Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Query

Options
  • 10-02-2019 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Looking for advice on issue with WIFI Broadband needing to be re-booted (switch power Off/On) at least twice daily!
    Currently I use Digiweb satellite dish broadband to my PC via a 2006 Thomson Modem model THG520...... and a Netgear Wireless N Router WNR2000 for WiFi around a small 4 bed bungalow house - so WiFi only has to travel from one room(office) to kitchen and bedrooms off common corridor.

Questions as follows
    1)Is 2006 modem too old and need replacing?
    2)I have a new old stock Eircom ZyXEL modem - could this replace the Thomson by just plug-in/connect cables to work...or is there any extra technical issues before it will work
    3)There are 100's of Routers available - what is best to suit my setup - and what does 2.4 or 5.0 Mhz mean to a non-techy person?
    4)Eir Fibre is now on our road - does this possible change affect my preferred future modem and router setup?

All advice and help greatly appreciated...

Advertisement