Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New contract and customer care issue

• 10-02-2019 12:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello, 

Like many other customers I've tried calling to discuss a new contract, my current contract expired last month. I've had webchats and been on hold for hours all to no avail. I've cancelled the direct debit as I'm not prepared to write eir a blank check, I'm more than happy to pay outstanding invoices for services rendered up until February 1st if I do eventually get talking to someone. I am, in fact, very interested in a new contact but can't get talking to anyone to discuss this tho I'm wondering about this logic based on your customer services.

I've contacted ComReg as I feel your customer service is appalling and have been unable to contact you. ComReg advised me to contact you on ccm@eir.ie which I done. I received an automated response detailing that I'd be contacted within 5 working days. 5 working days have of course been and gone. I'm well aware of your cancellation process but I'd prefer a new contract if this could be facilitated.

Can you please advise how I can proceed bearing in mind my efforts above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hello, 

Like many other customers I've tried calling to discuss a new contract, my current contract expired last month. I've had webchats and been on hold for hours all to no avail. I've cancelled the direct debit as I'm not prepared to write eir a blank check, I'm more than happy to pay outstanding invoices for services rendered up until February 1st if I do eventually get talking to someone. I am, in fact, very interested in a new contact but can't get talking to anyone to discuss this tho I'm wondering about this logic based on your customer services.

I've contacted ComReg as I feel your customer service is appalling and have been unable to contact you. ComReg advised me to contact you on ccm@eir.ie which I done. I received an automated response detailing that I'd be contacted within 5 working days. 5 working days have of course been and gone. I'm well aware of your cancellation process but I'd prefer a new contract if this could be facilitated.

Can you please advise how I can proceed bearing in mind my efforts above.
    Hi Mr Magnolia.

Our apologies about the delay in getting through to our call centres, we are currently experiencing a high volume of customer enquiries resulting in longer waiting times.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to re-contract or change your existing services here on this channel. The only department that will be able to assist with this is our Customer Care Team on 1901/1905(freephone)

You can view our latest deals and bundles for existing customers here.
    Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hi Ahren, 

There's nobody picking up calls in your customer services teams that are authorised to deal with new contracts so there's no point in calling in (again).

I've contacted ComReg again and they're will progress the issue if I haven't heard from an agent directly by 2019.02.18 so I'll leave it with them if you can't help either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi Ahren, 

There's nobody picking up calls in your customer services teams that are authorised to deal with new contracts so there's no point in calling in (again).

I've contacted ComReg again and they're will progress the issue if I haven't heard from an agent directly by 2019.02.18 so I'll leave it with them if you can't help either.
    Hi Mr Magnolia.

We do apologise about the current delay in reaching our customer care agents.

As we continue to make many improvements to our contact centres, we are recruiting and training our teams across our new sites in Cork, Limerick and Sligo. These changes will result in a better experience for eir’s customers in the long term.   

While we go through this transition, we are facing longer than normal wait times in our Customer Care call centres, we appreciate your patience during this time.
    Our customer care team (1901) are reachable from 8am - 6pm - Monday - Friday. They will be able to assist you in regards to re-contracting your current services.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Thanks and good luck with the upgrades. I've found anyone I've spoken to very polite but I'll never use eir again for any service. Never. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭RobiePAX

I'm not sure why won't you just do your upgrade in Eir branch or Carphone Warehouse who sell on behalf of Eir. Maybe it's just me, but I hate sales of the phone.

• Advertisement

Can you please let me supply me with my UAN please, by PM or via another private method, I can supply you with contract details? The 'my bills' hyperlink on 'my eir' is inconveniently, not working so I can access PDF versions of my bill to ascertain this number. 

I need this number to switch providers as you know so it's very coincidental and inconvenient that this is not currently available. Again, I've tried a webchat and no-one picks up calls so some assistance here would be very welcome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Can you please let me supply me with my UAN please, by PM or via another private method, I can supply you with contract details? The 'my bills' hyperlink on 'my eir' is inconveniently, not working so I can access PDF versions of my bill to ascertain this number. 

I need this number to switch providers as you know so it's very coincidental and inconvenient that this is not currently available. Again, I've tried a webchat and no-one picks up calls so some assistance here would be very welcome...
    Hi Mr Magnolia 

Could you pm me the following details please?

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi

Sent Linzi, thanks in advance.

Sent Linzi, thanks in advance.
    Pm sent.  Thank you

Linzi, I was expecting this to arrive in the post yesterday morning. Nothing.

I escalated with ComReg and they sorted the whole issue out for me.

• Advertisement

Linzi, I was expecting this to arrive in the post yesterday morning. Nothing.

I escalated with ComReg and they sorted the whole issue out for me.
    Hi Mr Magnolia 

I am happy this issue has been resolved.  A copy of your bill was sent out to you.

Thanks
    Linzi 

Advertisement