Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haven't been able to cancel in cooling off period.

• 10-02-2019 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, writing this on behalf of my older parents. 
    The parents home got Eir TV and broadband  installed around mid Jan. Both internet and TV were absolutely brutal, watching TV was like going back to the 1950s where TV was constantly stopping and stuttering. My parents quickly realised that Eir is not for them! They tried calling the customer service number numerous times to cancel the service within the cool off period. A lot of time was spent holding on the line and they never got to speak to a service rep.
    When my parents told me about the issue they were having with cancelling I had them email Eir. This email was a couple of days outside the cooling off period. Nobody ever came back on this email however it does clearly explain that many attempts and a lot of time was spent trying to contact Eir within the cooling off period. This is causing undue stress to my mother.

Can somebody please contact us directly to discuss.

thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 andyK11

Cancelling our a huge problem with Eir. They're useless .Just look at the threads of this forum .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Best to ring early morning (after 8am)

They are having huge issues with customer service over the phone at the moment.

Sticky thread is up to date - https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057916504

Phones calls to get through can be anything from 30min - 2hrs at the moment

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kettlegrey

My good god - ringing before 8AM and one might get through .... !

@EIR - waiting for a response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

My tip as always for getting through to customer service departments is to call the sales line(which they answer in about 10 seconds) and have them transfer you to someone in CS. Never fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

@PhuckHugh2 - Have you tried that tactic in the last 3 months?
    (Not worked for me as the queue the sales guy put me in was the same as everyone else ringing in)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

TBH i havent called Eir customer support in years but this works well with Vodafone usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

kettlegrey wrote: »
    Hi, writing this on behalf of my older parents. 
    The parents home got Eir TV and broadband  installed around mid Jan. Both internet and TV were absolutely brutal, watching TV was like going back to the 1950s where TV was constantly stopping and stuttering. My parents quickly realised that Eir is not for them! They tried calling the customer service number numerous times to cancel the service within the cool off period. A lot of time was spent holding on the line and they never got to speak to a service rep.
    When my parents told me about the issue they were having with cancelling I had them email Eir. This email was a couple of days outside the cooling off period. Nobody ever came back on this email however it does clearly explain that many attempts and a lot of time was spent trying to contact Eir within the cooling off period. This is causing undue stress to my mother.

Can somebody please contact us directly to discuss.

thanks,

Brian
    Hi kettlegrey,

In order for me to assist can you please provide the following information in a PM:
    1. Account name
    2. Account number
    3. Date of birth
    4. Address
    5. Can you confirm if you're the account holder please?

Once I get this, id happily assist you on this matter.

-Andre

Advertisement