Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant ID

Options
  • 10-02-2019 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Another plant id query :) Just looking for the name of the small purple flowers in this picture. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's a variety of Iris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

New Home wrote: »
    It's a variety of Iris.

Oh I know the darker purple is an iris. It's actually the very small purple flowers I'm looking to id :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh, sorry... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It might be a filler flower called bouvardia, but its a bit difficult to see the form of it mixed in the bunch like that. Maybe take a spray out and photograph it?

It reminded me of the flower buds and the leaves of a jasmin, but the colour is completely wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Here are a couple of pictures of it out of the bunch :)

Advertisement