Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minister for Health Simon Harris and family trapped in home by protesters.

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

That is out of order protest on the street all you like or outside dail eireann but a politicians own home and family is out of bounds this will achieve nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bloody idiots! All they're doing is giving the politicians free sympathy by targeting them at home. I'd be very interested in what these 12 people do for a living. I'd hazard a guess but I'd prefer to see the facts first.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭aloneforever99

I posted a polite comment on their facebook page after the protest at Harris's place saying I thought it wasn't an appropriate way to protest.

It was deleted in minutes.

An interesting take on freedom of speech they have.

Ringogo wrote: »
    Great stuff, shine a light on them, hold their feet to the fire.
    How many families with young children have been made homeless by this government?
    Let the TD'S feel uncomfortable, god knows many families have suffered greatly under their rule.

So, because children have suffered due to government policy, it's okay to target the kids of government officials? How very Hunger Games of you.

gandalf wrote: »
    Bloody idiots! All they're doing is giving the politicians free sympathy by targeting them at home. I'd be very interested in what these 12 people do for a living. I'd hazard a guess but I'd prefer to see the facts first.
    I'd hazard a guess that the demographics they're targeting aren't likely to be very upset by this, quite the opposite.

It's all very well wringing our hands, but we're not the audience this is intended for. These seem to be radical left agitators, maybe Marxists - likely to see Labour and the Soc Dems every bit as harmful to society as Fine Gael or FF. And well, there is something to be said for the broad similarities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

I posted a polite comment on their facebook page after the protest at Harris's place saying I thought it wasn't an appropriate way to protest.

It was deleted in minutes.

An interesting take on freedom of speech they have.
    I find liberals are liberal until you have a different point of view or opinion than them .:D

I find liberals are liberal until you have a different point of view or opinion than them .:D

I wouldn't describe this group as liberals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How many families with young children have been made homeless by this government?
    eh..none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

'Fingal Brigade Direct Action Group and Anti Eviction Flying Column'

That's a mouthful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Let the TD'S feel uncomfortable, god knows many families have suffered greatly under their rule.

Bull. Maybe if these families paid their mortgage or rent they wouldn’t be “ homeless” , I put it in inverted commas cause they ain’t actually homeless , are they ?? They’re in a hotel or a council house. This crowd are morons and probably life dolers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

TallGlass wrote: »
    'Fingal Brigade Direct Action Group and Anti Eviction Flying Column'

That's a mouthful.

Better know as free Ben Gilroy supporters club

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Apparently they're protesting outside of Bruton's house because of plans he has to introduce extra taxation on carbon emissions.

Are these clowns happy to continue with Ireland's abysmal performance on climate action? I'd rather the planet not be destroyed because people are too lazy to change their behaviours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Not one I’m sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Where is the money coming from if things are so hard for so many,everything is getting dearer tax on this and that and luxuries have to be avoided.1 room for a family is not right and no room for the homeless sleeping on the streets and they do nothing.
    Maybe a good loud wake up call to say the public dont like what the government are doing and outside their house hits home!

greasepalm wrote: »
    Where is the money coming from if things are so hard for so many,everything is getting dearer tax on this and that and luxuries have to be avoided.1 room for a family is not right and no room for the homeless sleeping on the streets and they do nothing.
    Maybe a good loud wake up call to say the public dont like what the government are doing and outside their house hits home!

There is a room for every homeless person in the streets, stop talking nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Bunch of scumbags.
    eh..none
    Took the words out of my mouth.

greasepalm wrote: »
    no room for the homeless sleeping on the streets and they do nothing.

If you think this is the case then you're just showing your ignorance of the causes of rough sleepers and the infrastructure in place to deal with them. I assume you've never volunteered or done anything to help out homeless people? I know many people who have; to claim that nothing is being done does a great disservice to them and to others who help people in bad situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Amirani wrote: »
    If you think this is the case then you're just showing your ignorance of the causes of rough sleepers and the infrastructure in place to deal with them. I assume you've never volunteered or done anything to help out homeless people? I know many people who have; to claim that nothing is being done does a great disservice to them and to others who help people in bad situations.
    "I know many peoplle who have "
    Some of your best friends help the homeless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Edgware wrote: »
    Doesn't make it any less true.

Apparently they're protesting outside of Bruton's house because of plans he has to introduce extra taxation on carbon emissions.

Are these clowns happy to continue with Ireland's abysmal performance on climate action? I'd rather the planet not be destroyed because people are too lazy to change their behaviours.
    This is a fair point, and I say this slightly against myself because I come from a farm, but it isn't quite a tax on carbon emissions. The Government plans largely to ignore our biggest single source of Carbon emissions - agriculture. Taxing the poorest and subsidising agriculture amounts to a cash transfer from the poorest households to the biggest single offending industry.

I am in favour of a carbon tax, but would prefer to see it just as one arm of a wider, meaningful policy which might include a move towards free public transport and incentivising alternatives to beef and dairy production, such as producing crops, which we are performing woefully at.

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »

No, none of my best friends. But being involved in fundraising for St Vincent de Paul for a number of years does lead to you getting to know quite a few people who help the homeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Having a few friends running the no bucks cafe and doing a fantastic job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

No, none of my best friends. But being involved in fundraising for St Vincent de Paul for a number of years does lead to you getting to know quite a few people who help the homeless.

Ah the Vincent de Paul .. some shower they are .... is it true they hand out cigerettes to inmates at Christmas time ? Is it also true that they help out convicted thieves with goodies ? Ask your “ friends” Vdp are the ultimate dogooders .. a rapist can do no wrong in their eyes , I’m sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but what are they doing exactly outside these properties? And what law specifically are they breaking?

bobbyss wrote: »
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread but what are they doing exactly outside these properties? And what law specifically are they breaking?

You shouldn’t need the law to stop you behaving like a disrespectful buffoon.

bobbyss wrote: »

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1994/act/2/section/6/enacted/en/html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anti austerity protests?

Are these people stuck in 2012?

We are spending like crazy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭political analyst

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/fianna-fail-taken-aback-at-simon-harris-comments-on-cervicalcheck-team-905951.html
    The Taoiseach has been forced to defend the Minister for Health after he was accused of trying to "destroy the reputation" of the CervicalCheck team.

As 78,000 women continue to wait 27 weeks for smear test results, Leo Varadkar defended a decision made last year to provide free out-of-cycle checks to all women.

Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin said he had been "taken aback" by an attack on staff in the screening service which Simon Harris launched in a radio interview over the weekend.

What exactly did Simon say about the CervicalCheck team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with them going near Simon Harris, or any other politicians private residence, however.....

The indo has a very misleading article there, implying that that targeted Harris because of him being outspoken on the dissidents parading through Dublin.

Had a quick look at the Facebook page of this so called 'Fingal Battalion' and from what I can see, the indo is being rather careless with the truth.

Screenshot-2019-04-28-18-57-23-746-com-facebook-katana.jpg

Followed by this.....

Screenshot-2019-04-28-19-00-27-977-com-facebook-katana.jpg

Don't forget about your abysmal record and performance in health Simon.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Had a quick look at the Facebook page of this so called 'Fingal Battalion' and from what I can see, the indo is being rather careless with the truth.

The Indo being careless with the truth? I'm shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Indo being careless with the truth? I'm shocked.

They really are a fcuking rag.

They don't seem to realise that in this day and age people can check things out for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

Because lack of facilities - not the most grammatically correct phrase going. If it was a bit catchier i could forgive them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

They really need to reconsider their targets. The shocking grammar of that post suggests the Minister for Education should be on the list.

Also, she's very orange for a Nationalist .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

I dont like harris, he just comes across as having no bottle. However its scummy form protesting outside someones house on a sunday, n iirc they had a nipper recently.

• Advertisement

What those assholes need is a good bit of police brutality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

enricoh wrote: »
    I dont like harris, he just comes across as having no bottle. However its scummy form protesting outside someones house on a sunday, n iirc they had a nipper recently.

They are I say peaceful but I would not be comfortable to let anyone in my house out just incase there may be 1 idiot in the protest who maybe high on patriotism and does something idiotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They'd never protest outside Mary Mitchell O'connor's house because they know she could flatten them with the car!

They'd never protest outside Mary Mitchell O'connor's house because they know she could flatten them with the car!

..Just trying to park it :D

Advertisement