Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCE scan

• 10-02-2019 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows much about them or has gone to them, they are in ashdown center, it's fairly new but don't see many reviews, I know on their website they have testimonials but not sure how to feel about em

Anyone have any experience with them, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

I went there a while back. I got referred through EF Osteopath but I believe they're the same business really. I had the Scan & then Atlas treatment for a recurring hip issue that plagued me for around 4 years. It wasn't a "miracle" cure but I did get back running marathons again which I hadn't been able to do for the 3 years previous.

The scan is good. It really shows up any issues you may have. Its pricey enough depending on what you go for but it worked for me so in my opinion it was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

gtothek wrote: »
    I went there a while back. I got referred through EF Osteopath but I believe they're the same business really. I had the Scan & then Atlas treatment for a recurring hip issue that plagued me for around 4 years. It wasn't a "miracle" cure but I did get back running marathons again which I hadn't been able to do for the 3 years previous.

The scan is good. It really shows up any issues you may have. Its pricey enough depending on what you go for but it worked for me so in my opinion it was well worth it.

What treatment did you pay for if you don't mind me asking I was looking at the €330 one ( foot orthotics),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

I had the full body scan which included the foot scan. At €330 I'd say yours is in way more depth than mine. Bear in mind that if they suggest the Atlas treatment to you it entails another scan afterwards but as I said it did work for me so it was worth it in the long run.

Have you seen the scan results that you get? They're quite in depth. I can forward you a copy in a pm if you'd like to see the detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

gtothek wrote: »
    I had the full body scan which included the foot scan. At €330 I'd say yours is in way more depth than mine. Bear in mind that if they suggest the Atlas treatment to you it entails another scan afterwards but as I said it did work for me so it was worth it in the long run.

Have you seen the scan results that you get? They're quite in depth. I can forward you a copy in a pm if you'd like to see the detail.

Yeah I wouldn't mind having a look it's that's not a problem, think im gonna do a few physiotherapy sessions first to see if that will improve it first

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lucky18

Hey was wondering if I could see your scan results ? thinking of getting the scan done myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MacGuiver

Hi.
    Can you tell me did you go for this scan & did it do 'what it said on the tin'?
    From what I'm reading this seems to be more muscular & posture. Will trapped nerves show up on this for example?
    Got to admit, I'm a little skeptical.
    Thanks for any reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

MacGuiver wrote: »
    Hi.
    From what I'm reading this seems to be more muscular & posture. Will trapped nerves show up on this for example?
    Thanks for any reply.
    I'm curious about nerve and disk issue myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

MacGuiver wrote: »
    Hi.
    Thanks for any reply.
    I'm curious about nerve and disk issue myself

Google Formteric Body Scan ('FCE') - It's not an actual scan in the sense of an MRI. It's a motion analysis 'scan' and not used for clinical diagnostic purposes bar in a few cases where it can be used to monitor things like progression of scoliosis (to some degree). Trapped nerves and disks etc need some kind of tomographic scan (MRI/CT etc). Google around and you'll find the answer you're looking for but just keep in mind that FCE is Motion Analysis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement