Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon returns issue

Options
  • 10-02-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a slow cooker from Amazon.co.uk Have it 4 month and it's not working properly, looks like the thermostat is gone on it.

Contacted amazon and they asked a few questions and said they can offer a refund (€79) or that I can go directly to manufacturer and fight my case with them. A new one is €149 (bought in sale), so I said that I'd like them to repair or replace. They said because it's a seller, and not them that they cant agree to that. They said my contract is with the seller, and not them. I bought it from their site, with my amazon account and amazon took the payment.

Where do I stand on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was the order 'fulfulled' by Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bigoldhouse

Wheety wrote: »
    Was the order 'fulfulled' by Amazon?

Doesn't say that on the order

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As well as selling items directly, Amazon also acts as a marketplace for other sellers. In these cases, it processes the payment etc, but it is not the actual seller.

You need to contact the seller, their details should be on your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bigoldhouse

Thanks, just seemed like I was being given the runaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Would also point out that even if the contract was with amazon, its the retailers choice on which of the 3 r's they offer. Refund, replace or repair.
    It's a bit crap but they are well within their rights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

swampy353 wrote: »
    Would also point out that even if the contract was with amazon, its the retailers choice on which of the 3 r's they offer. Refund, replace or repair.

Yes, but the offer is a partial refund. After 4 months this is unreasonable imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Cerco wrote: »
    Yes, but the offer is a partial refund. After 4 months this is unreasonable imho.

Sorry misread, thought that you meant you bought for 79€ which was the refund amount and it now is selling for €149
    What did you actually pay for the product?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

I read this as a full refund of the discounted price the OP paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I think they are offered a full refund on the price they paid, just that it is more expensive now than when they purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Apologies, I misunderstood the post. In that case, it is perfectly reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

you are only entitled to what you paid, so you are not out of pocket. Some companies might give a similar replacement but thats customer service rather than a requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If that's what you paid, then it's the fairest thing without mountains of hassle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

swampy353 wrote: »

You can't quote Irish rights in relation to Amz Marketplace, the seller could be from anywhere, Sale of Goods Act only relates to Ireland

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Although you’re under no obligation to go to the manufacturer yourself, sometimes this is better than having to go back to the store/retailer that sold you the product. In my past experience the manufacturer would organise the repair or give a replacement of the product. Otherwise you’ll just have to take the hit and buy it again at full price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Although you’re under no obligation to go to the manufacturer yourself, sometimes this is better than having to go back to the store/retailer that sold you the product. In my past experience the manufacturer would organise the repair or give a replacement of the product. Otherwise you’ll just have to take the hit and buy it again at full price.

But by doing so you've cut out your point of contact and the original seller now has a massive get out of jail free card to walk away from their obligations...I do get your point though

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement