Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure of public access to m50 footbridge Castleknock

• 10-02-2019 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Walking down across the footbridge across the m50 between blanchardstown and Castleknock I noticed a sign from Fingal indicating their intention to close the public right of way just at Castleknock tennis club leading on to the m50 pedestrian bridge. I use that bridge every day to get from Castleknock to blanchardstown. Will be devastated if it's closed. Does anyone have any more info on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,643 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I haven't heard about that. Very odd!!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The bridge and tunnel will not be closed.
    The tennis club has planning permission (from 2015?) to extend their indoor courts across the road. They will build a pedestrian plaza where their car park is. There will be no net difference to those using the bridge and tunnel.

I wrote a web page with links to the planning application and the same public consultation that was held in 2016.

https://www.riverwoodres.com/row-2019/

I will be adding a submission to insist that access is maintained at all times during construction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭AlanG

daymobrew wrote: »
    The bridge and tunnel will not be closed.

Is there somewhere in the Fingal documentation that shows this. It certainly makes sense but I cannot find it on the consultation page. If the removal of the right of way is not linked to the planning it can lead to a complete mess.

The people of Portmarnock have been waiting about 20 years for their walking route to be restored around the golf course after the right of way was removed to allow a change to the club. Fingal claim they cannot force the club to open the promised route even though it was part of the planning originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

AlanG wrote: »
    Is there somewhere in the Fingal documentation that shows this. It certainly makes sense but I cannot find it on the consultation page. If the removal of the right of way is not linked to the planning it can lead to a complete mess.
    It won't be on the consultation page because they are two different processes. Extinguishing a right of way follows a certain process (consultation, gather submissions, get approval from Local Area Committee of FCC) regardless of its connection to related planning applications.

You should call the person mentioned in the consultation and make a submission objecting to any, even temporary, closure.

Advertisement