Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S line v se a6

• 10-02-2019 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a general bit of advice.

Have a 2013 3 series automatic, nice car but wife dislikes it and she’s the main driver. We have an 09 a6 se that we have had since 2012 and the wife still prefers that.

I’ve always preferred the a6 myself and a garage was offering a good trade in for the 3 series on a 2015 a6 s line. The car looks fabulous and drives well on the test drive.

However over The Weekend a few people have said to me that the ride in the s line gets harsh over time and there’s a huge difference when you on back roads etc etc.

Just wondering what people’s opnions are from experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

the kelt wrote: »
    Just looking for a general bit of advice.

Have a 2013 3 series automatic, nice car but wife dislikes it and she’s the main driver. We have an 09 a6 se that we have had since 2012 and the wife still prefers that.

I’ve always preferred the a6 myself and a garage was offering a good trade in for the 3 series on a 2015 a6 s line. The car looks fabulous and drives well on the test drive.

However over The Weekend a few people have said to me that the ride in the s line gets harsh over time and there’s a huge difference when you on back roads etc etc.

Just wondering what people’s opnions are from experience?

SE all day long . Very comfortable compared to an sline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Colash wrote: »
    SE all day long . Very comfortable compared to an sline

Is that from experience colash?

I’ve another test drive to do as never checked whether there was adaptive suspension whilst scrolling through the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

the kelt wrote: »
    Is that from experience colash?

I’ve another test drive to do as never checked whether there was adaptive suspension whilst scrolling through the settings.

I own a 13 sline .. even on comfort settings on adaptive suspension I find it harsh . Sat into an Se for a 30min journey last wk .I was blown away by the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

I own 161 Sline A6 and dont find it harsh at all, even when i changed to 20" Wheels the ridec was still very comfortable, went to Belfast from Waterford and back in the same day and felt very comfortable after the journey, had an A3 Sline before that and that was a very harsh ride specially on poor roads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

SBPhoto wrote: »
    I own 161 Sline A6 and dont find it harsh at all, even when i changed to 20" Wheels the ridec was still very comfortable, went to Belfast from Waterford and back in the same day and felt very comfortable after the journey, had an A3 Sline before that and that was a very harsh ride specially on poor roads

Would you recommend the car based on your ownership?

Have looked at the SE model also but no comparison in terms of looks imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

I have a 2014 A6 avant s-line and don’t find it harsh at all.

Personally I would not go for the 20 inch wheels as they do make the ride a little harsh. Standard 18’s on the Sline make for a pretty comfortable set-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Yes i highly recommend the A6 Most comfortable car i have ever driven and so quiet for a diesel.
    I would recommend an auto stronic if buying. i run 18"wheels for the winter and 20" for the summer, don't find any difference in the ride comfort between them. also the A6 from 151 on have the LED lights which i find brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, best thing to do is test drive an example of both type cars. Nobody here can really make the right or wrong decision for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭koutoubia

142 S-Line with adaptive air suspension.
    Certainly when set to Dynamic suspension it a bit hard...but you want it to be.
    But in Comfort or eco its not a harsh ride. Just glides along.

Advertisement