Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida trip

Options
  • 10-02-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi we are hoping to go to Florida in June 2020. There will be 10 of us with the youngest being 17 and will be going for around 2 weeks. Just wondering what the best travel agents to use would be? If anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated. It's a big family trip for us :) We're happy to stay in budget/ basic accomodation and will be wanting to get to most of the parks but not Sea world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

dmm82 wrote: »
    Hi we are hoping to go to Florida in June 2020. There will be 10 of us with the youngest being 17 and will be going for around 2 weeks. Just wondering what the best travel agents to use would be? If anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated. It's a big family trip for us :) We're happy to stay in budget/ basic accomodation and will be wanting to get to most of the parks but not Sea world.

American Holidays are good for advice etc. but I've always found booking directly with the hotels, airlines, car hire etc. cheaper than the packages they offer but if it's your first trip over there and there are 10 of you, might be worthwhile letting them do the donkey work.

https://www.americanholidays.com/en-ie/contact-us/

(as far as I am aware, they are moving from that location at some stage so give them a call before calling in as the move might have already happened).

For flights you have the option of going direct with Are Lingus (more expensive obviously) or indirect with a number of options. I don't mind indirect flights as I hate being in the one spot for 8 hours but my wife much prefers the direct option.

There are countless places to stay on International Drive to suit every budget and even some of the onsite properties at Universal Studios are reasonably priced and I'd recommend looking at these as the proximity to the parks is a great advantage and you won't need a car for the days you are staying there. And as you have no young kids with you, Universal's parks might suit you better than Disney's (although Star Wars land will be open in Disney by next year).

As for the car, everyone's different and some people are quite happy to use the shuttles and the likes of Uber and Lyft but I know I could never do without a car for at least some part of the trip, although with 10 of you you'd neither need two cars or a bus! Staying in one of the Universal hotels would negate the need for a car for your days at those parks and you could just hire the cars for the days you want to got to Disney or go to the mall etc.

For park tickets, go with Attraction Tickets Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Thanks so much! :)

Advertisement