Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Passat 2011 anti roll bar bushes. How much?

• 10-02-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭

Didn’t pass the NCT today. Apparently the front suspension anti roll bar bushes and links are damaged.

Car has exactly 100k km on it. 1.4L petrol saloon

How much am I looking at to get fixed €150 sound reasonable?

Cheers to ye all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

bazermc wrote: »
    Didn’t pass the NCT today. Apparently the front suspension anti roll bar bushes and links are damaged.

Cheers to ye all

I think the labor will cost even more than 150eur. Add the parts and it can be over 200eur. I can look the parts price, but I need the vin number, not the registration number. I know the most of local mechanics works only by reg number, I go more advance and directly to the manufacturers catalogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From motors DIY forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Cheers to ye all

Parts wise I got bushes for 20 euro total for my polo and the roll bars were 30 total

Not really a big job to change them, if your any way handy you could do it yourself on a sunny day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Cheers to ye all

An hours labour and whatever the parts cost at your local motor factors. €150 would be expensive IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It will almost certainly just be one or more of the links rather than the bushes. The bushes don't give trouble but the links are a common issue. About €40 each fitted for non genuine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement