Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a loan from advant

• 10-02-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience with them regarding loans?
    Looking to take out 5k but I only need 2 so will be paying back 3k as soon as I get it if it's possible.

Anyone ever taking one out with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with them regarding loans?
    Looking to take out 5k but I only need 2 so will be paying back 3k as soon as I get it if it's possible.

Anyone ever taking one out with them?

I’m almost afraid to ask.... but why would you want to borrow 5K only to repay 3K back immediately? If you want to get people to take you seriously this is probably not the way to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Jim2007 wrote: »
    I’m almost afraid to ask.... but why would you want to borrow 5K only to repay 3K back immediately? If you want to get people to take you seriously this is probably not the way to start.

5k is the lowest amount you can apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Crazy- sure you will still be paying interest on 5.they are only interested in totally clean history, from an ad I heard on the radio briefly, if you’re us that clean just go to your own bank maybe?

No one experience with them for loans but I had credit card with mbna when they took over the business a few years back. They upped the rate to 22% or something and told everyone if you didn’t like it you could just pay back the balance..,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's not how loans work. Go to your credit union or local bank, you'll have a better rate and get 2k rather than paying the interest on 5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Go into your bank and ask for 2k, most advertise 5k minimum but I managed to get a 1k loan recently from my bank by just going in and talking to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Bojill wrote: »
    5k is the lowest amount you can apply for.

Have you checked if it is even possible to make such a quick repayment without penalties?

Any chance you could borrow of a friend or relation and pay them say 5% interest. A win win for you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Financial classes should be taught in school

Advertisement