Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ for FTA

• 10-02-2019 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Ive just installed a TV in the bedroom. I have run the cables through the wall and into the attic. I have also connected a SKY+ HD box to a second feed from the satellite.

I'm only getting a limited number of channels however as it says 'insert viewing card' for the remainder.

Am I right insaying that a FreeSat card will allow me to view most of the FTA channels on the TV Guide? (rather than pay for multiroom)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

pmb wrote:
    I'm only getting a limited number of channels however as it says 'insert viewing card' for the remainder.

On a sky sd box the channels will default to BBC 1 /2 Itv etc without a sub card, the HD box retains its subscription settings, you need a UK sub card to get the fta channels, try Adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

decor58 wrote: »
    On a sky sd box the channels will default to BBC 1 /2 Itv etc without a sub card, the HD box retains its subscription settings, you need a UK sub card to get the fta channels, try Adverts.

Some Sky HD (non PVR) boxes don’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

Some Sky HD (non PVR) boxes don’t.

Any idea which ones, I have two of the drx595 (non pvr) and both need cards, maybe to get one in from UK a card would not be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

decor58 wrote: »
    Any idea which ones, I have two of the drx595 (non pvr) and both need cards, maybe to get one in from UK a card would not be needed.

I’ll check later when I get home. When I recently tried both HD boxes, the +hd was stuck on ROI lineup but the HD box had the UK line up 101 BBC1 London, channel 5 105 etc. If you can find out what model they sold in 2012-2013 it’s probably it. It’d be around that time I switched from SD multiroom to HD multiroom.

Advertisement