Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Mobile Phone Service Abroad

Options
  • 11-02-2019 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,
    I’ve been in Portugal during the winter and most of the time cannot use my mobile phone to make a call. I can receive a call but cannot make a call. I call Virgin and after about 7 days or so they fix the problem but then I lose service again. Has anybody else experienced poor service abroad with Virgin Media.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone do you have?

When you lose signal, are you moving from one network to anther?

You might just have to change from 'automatic' to manual network selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Redshoestoo

Davy wrote: »
    What phone do you have?

When you lose signal, are you moving from one network to anther?

You might just have to change from 'automatic' to manual network selection.[/quote

Hey thanks.
    Been there done that!!
    iPhone 6

Have been using a mobile all over the world since 1995. Never have had this problem. It’s not my problem it’s Virgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 amecullen

Same here, iPhone 7 can not get any signal, get error “27205” network not available. Found support clueless. After three trips abroad and numerous conversations with Virgin mobile, still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Redshoestoo

amecullen wrote: »
    Same here, iPhone 7 can not get any signal, get error “27205” network not available. Found support clueless. After three trips abroad and numerous conversations with Virgin mobile, still not working.

They don’t have a service agreement with Portugal. I’m 20 mins from the Spanish border, it worked there. I switched to Vodafone when I came home to Dublin. I’m in Portugal now and Vodafone working with no problems TG, which is what one would expect.
    Service dept was no help whatsoever. Except kept me on hold forever. I had to call them on Skype.

Advertisement